Resource Action? IBM has announced new 2010 layoffs it calls “resource actions”. Will these new IBM 2010 layoffs today affect your job?
Union officials report 1600 jobs are being loss in these new layoffs. The layoffs affect 13 job groups at IBM, claims the union. The layoffs started Monday with may reports that the resource action victims are offered other jobs in IBM instead.
The worse hit was the IBM CIO Application and Infrastructure division which reportedly lost 160 workers last night along with 99 people loss in the Software Group Information management group.
IBM spokesperson Matt Mollett says of the layoffs that IBM is “continuously transforms its business, rebalancing skills and capabilities in order to meet the changing needs of clients and our business as a whole. …[IBM will] continue to hire in 2010, and … end the year with more employees than when the year began.”
WRAL.com is reporting the following layoffs:
* STG Technology Development: 24
* STG Sales Support: 80
* CIO Application and infrastructure: 160
* Software Group WPLC: 50
* Software Group Information management: 99
* GBS Global Account: 98
* GTS Security Systems: 41
* ITD Transition, Quality and Service Managment: 276
* ITD Application Hosting and Database: 158
* ITD Service Management Delivery: 66
* ITD Storage Management: 178
* ITD Distributed Server Management: 318
* GTS North America East IMT Region Maintenance & Technical