Dancing with the Stars 2014 Results Tonight Prompts Elimination

Who Got Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars Tonight? Live DWTS Results Tonight

Food Network Star Winner 2013 Damaris Phillips Wins Next Show

Posted: August 11th, 2013 in Damaris Phillips, Food Network Star, Next Food Network Star by LALATE

Food Network Star Winner 2013 Damaris Phillips Wins Next Show

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – Who is the Next Food Network Star 2013 winner 2013? The wait is over to learn who wins Food Network Star. Damaris Phillips was named next Food Network Star 2013 winner in live results tonight August 11, 2013. Damaris won over finalists Rodney Henry and Russell Jackson. Russell finished in third place earlier tonight. Damaris’ show to be produced by the cable channel will be called Eat, Date, Love.

The Next Food Network Star 2013 winner survived weeks of eliminations. Along the way were conflicting comments from viewers about the competition. Many viewers hoped tonight’s Next Food Network Star 2013 would not be Rodney, aka Pie Man.

One viewer commented “I’m not surprised that Stacy went home but I really thought that ‘Pie Man’ would go first. I’m a Damaris fan & think she would be a great asset to Food Network.” Another agreed. “Pie man … cant speak and cant cook” adding “he is no network star either. Shocked he continued on.”

Most fans before tonight’s telecast believed that Demaris would win. “I absolutely love Damaris. She is witty, a good cook, funny, and entertaining. Food Network needs her. Stacey was way too polished and too rehearsed.” Another agreed saying they were “delighted that Damaris did such a great job” this season, adding “I hope that she gets the vote out.”

But others were torn after seeing the pilots. “Rodney’s pilot was the most polished. That’s why he has my support. I like Damaris, but she was too shy with the camera and the show idea kind of fell flat.”

Damaris Phillips, Food Network Star, Next Food Network Star

8 Responses to 'Food Network Star Winner 2013 Damaris Phillips Wins Next Show'

1. Carol Larsen said,

on August 11th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

This season was the worst ever. I think that you definitely need new judges, Giada doesn’t have a clue and I do not understand Alton at all. Bobby still wondering? Probably will not watch anymore. I also do not follow fn at all except for Ina Garten.

2. Pamela Porch said,

on August 11th, 2013 at 8:46 pm

For the life of me I could not understand why Stacy went home she was personable and polished on screen. Giada is similar and if it is a disconnect I could not see why they kept busting Stacy’s chops.
    However, they push certain people and others they abandon. I keep looking for Big daddy’s house and they really keep moving his show while Dinners, diners and Dives is on 24/7. Some people get all kinds of exposure while others are cut off at the knees. I truly agree that this was the worst season ever! Demaris show is one that would not interest me at all, I guess white suburban house wives may like her. Her food was always sub standard and if they had not submarined Stacy she would have been the clear winner. Bogus selection!

3. Earlene said,

on August 11th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I knew Demaris would be the winner as the Network needed a new southen cook to replace the firing of the greatest southern cook of all time….Paula Deen! I’m sick of Suzy and Bob always doing the judging. Alton Brown does an excellent job and so does Bobby Flay; I do not care for Giada at all. Time to make some changes for this was the worst season of all. Why would the Pie man be in the finals and the other guy was in the bottom every time they eliminated someone? Something is definitely wrong here, folks. P. S. – I’m also sick to death of ”Cupcake Wars.” How many thousands of ways can you make one anyway, huh?

4. Emma said,

on August 11th, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Something that has bothered me for some time and that’s the fact that Ina Garten only has gays on her show; the photographer, the florist and all her friends. What’s with that? I know the woman is a millionaire, but her wardrobe sucks as she wears the SAME BLUE BLOUSE on every show and has for years. Yikes! I will not be watching any future shows about the next Food Network Star as they did such a poor job in the selection of the contestants this time, i.e. The Pie Man Rodney Henry should NOT have been in the final three. So now the lovely Paula Deen has been replaced with a younger version of what is suppose to be a “Sothern Cook?”……I don’t think so. I will no longer watch this crappy show. Suzy and Bob should hang up their pad and pencil as they certainly don’t know how to judge such a contest
    !!!!!!

5. Denise said,

on August 12th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Well,I DID like Rodney – even if he mumbled but Damaris was my favorite so I was happy they were both in the final 3. It didn’t make a lot of sense that someone that was in the bottom 4-5 times made it to the final 3 but who knows? Loved seeing Viet again. He has charisma even though he had some shyness iwth the camera during presentations.

6. Dooneygirl said,

on August 14th, 2013 at 8:41 am

I am ASTONISHED that Rodney didn’t win………this girl is nice and all, but has no personality and I”m sure FN knows that……….Rodney would be the next Guy F for sure. WHAT were you all thinking??? I”m not watching this show again….I love Bobby, but he did very little and Giada nada and Alton……….yuck. Pls shave at least.

7. Chris said,

on August 14th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Food Network gets it wrong for 3rd year in a row! This show is now officially irrelevant. Big Daddy, Arti Party, and now this. Viet, The BBQ Guy, and Russell would all make better shows that teach better food. Bobby and Alton, I am sorry but how can you be associated with these winners? The last 3 years’ winners are never on when most people watch, are never interesting, and never put forth new recipes that people love. Guy has been the only real success of this show and the best new personalities (Pioneer Woman) do not come from this show. Cancel it or do it right. What a joke. I’d watch Viet everyday, but Damaris will fade to nothing in 3 weeks, just like her past 3 predecessors have.

8. Carol B. said,

on September 18th, 2013 at 8:05 am

We actually liked the show.. It was the first time we had seen one though I knew they were out there. Personlly, my hubby was a Damaris fan, I voted for her one (1) time then for Russell whom no one mentions here but think from a real peoples point of few and having cooked for buffett bars in my life and desert bars, he actually was the most daring, AND trainable. They all made their mistakes.. but here is a little suggestion. If you plan to do this again, use REAL people for the on-sight judges. NOT pro’s .. its not the pro’s watching the final shows as a rule but us real media watchers.. The food channel is on the tv here in my office all day. If I have clients in this is what they watch.. and I listen.. I use many of the ideas I see on these shows as I never went to cullinary school and like to cook good food. So get real folks for the judges on your next show. Let US deside what we think is good so those out in voter land get a down to earth idea.. we all know when something LOOKS good on a plate .. and how some things should taste.. good experience for all. Just saying

You must be logged in to post a comment.