Kenya Moore Porsha Stewart RHOA Fight 2014 Reunion - Porsha Stewart Arrest Warrant 2014 - Mugshot Photos

Porsha Stewart Arrested | Apollo Nida Fraud Case | Kenya Moore's African Prince Boyfriend| Apollo and Phaedra Parks Deny Divorce

EPL Table 2014 English Premier League Standings Rankings | Soccer En Vivo Live Score Results Today

Champions League Results 2014, Europa Leauge Results 2014, Draw Results 2014, Cruz Azul, Manchester United

American Idol 2014 Results Tonight, Eliminations - Who was Eliminated on American Idol Tonight April 17?

Dexter Roberts Eliminated | American Idol Results 2014 Elimination Tonight April 17, 2014

Todd Chrisley | Chrisley and Company Department Store Atlanta | Kyle Chrisley Baby Mama

What Does Todd Chrisley Do for a Living, Net Worth, Where He Made His Money | Chrisley Knows Best Star's Bankruptcy

Tyler Perry Cancels Madea Tour, Battles Fake Facebook Profiles

Posted: September 17th, 2012 in Tyler Perry by LALATE

Tyler Perry Cancels Madea Tour, Battles Fake Facebook Profiles

ST LOUIS (LALATE) – Tyler has cancelled the remainder of his Madea Gets A Job tour. Perry is angry that fake Facebook profiles are featuring people pretending to be him. In a news statement moments ago, Tyler Perry told fans he was sorry.

“This was the last live Madea tour and I’m super sorry that you won’t get to see it live” Perry told news Monday. “We’ve had to cancel this leg of the Madea Gets A Job tour”.

Perry tells news that the real culprits were online bootleggers, fake Facebook profiles claiming to be him. Perry said “you are being led to a bootlegger and you don’t even know it.”

Perry told news, in a Facebook post moments ago, that false Facebook profiles were striking his fans and his tour. “Also, there are some horrible people who are pretending to be me or representing me on Facebook and charging people money to do a meet and greet on the tour (I posted a picture below of what they are doing).” The fake profiles were looting fans, Perry told news. “They are telling people that they are me or working for me and charging them $150 for a meet and greet after the play.”

Perry said the attack by the bootleggers was evil and frustrating. “This is so frustrating! Why are people so evil? Why can’t people just get legitimate jobs and stop trying to do the wrong thing all the time?” He added “If they put the same amount of energy into doing the right thing as they do in doing the wrong thing they could make it. It’s so sad.”

Tyler Perry

6 Responses to 'Tyler Perry Cancels Madea Tour, Battles Fake Facebook Profiles'

1. shirley wilcox said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 9:08 am

I paid 754.00 to see this show and my grand kids and myself have been counting down the days. They are so excited that they get to see the live play and Madea is going to be there. That is so not fair that a few bad apples could spoil the whole barrel for the rest of us.

2. Tonya Aston said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Just got the news about not being able to see the show! I’ve waited so long to see Tyler Perry and the cast! This is so so sad it almost makes me want to cry! We were having a mother daughters night to see this! My mother and 5 sisters were coming to see this! I pray that Tyler changes his mind and comes back on tour! Pray there is another way for him to sell tickets with out people getting played! Cleveland was looking forward.

3. Jane said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 10:23 am

While I think it is unfortunate that this is happening, how could he think it is fair to those of us who have purchased tickets and have been excitedly awaiting his show. I think this is horrible, and it has greatly changed my opinion of Mr. Perry.

4. Joyce Hendricks said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 10:44 am

I agree that Tyler’s decision seems to be a knee jerk decision that is going to HURT more people that have bought tickets and were looking forward to seeing this play than it will do anything to stop the bad stuff from going on. I can understand his frustration with the jerks but why punish those of us who have bought tickets legitimately?

5. Connie said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 11:42 am

I am teribly disappointed in TP and won’t be supporting him anymore. This is bogus and something is not right!! I smell a rat. There’s more to this than what he is saying. I purchased tickets for $65 each. This is the most ridiculous thing I heard in a long time. I really thought the letter was fake, but unfortunatly it isn’t.

6. Jason Davis said,

on September 17th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

There are always going to be people who have nothing better to do than to take advantage of someone. I know that the reaction to cancel the show was a gut reaction that was meant to protect anyone else from falling victim too the scams. Unfortunatly Mr Perry you can’t protect everyone. Until people take the Internet seriously and learn how to protect thereselves from the bottom feeders in the world they will keep getting scammed. ” To Give a man fish, you feed him for a day! To teach a man to fish is to feed him for a life time! However the Davis family is very disappointed and Im going to need you to come tell my wife the news yourself!