LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – A Pacquiao decision by the WBO yesterday cooled Bradley vs Pacquiao rematch talks. The Manny Pacquiao decision by the WBO this week might have given Pacman and Timothy Bradley more reason for a rematch, with both fighters already promoted by Top Rank. But Bob Arum tells news this week that no rematch is in place.
Last year, Floyd Mayweather told news that Manny Pacquiao has been winning scored fights for years that in Floyd’s mind were lost by Pacquiao. But after the Bradley vs Pacquiao decision, the WBO reviewed the fight. On Wednesday, the WBO announced their decision to news. WBO president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel told news this week that five unidentified judges with “world title experience” has since all scored the fight for Pacman.
Pacquiao told news today that he will not ask Bradley to give up the WBO belt. But he added “My supporters shouldn’t worry. We’re going to get that title.”
But when asked if a Pacman Bradley rematch is in store, Bob Arum told news that he is not talking about that. Arum is reportedly asking other entities to investigate the matter as well. Arum claims he wants to talk to the Nevada Attorney General’s office. Pacman, however, has an automatic rematch provision in his contract, claims reports.
Just this week, Forbes released their annual Sports 100 poll. The list details the top earning sports athletes in the previous year. Pacman and Mayweather both surged this year. Mayweather headlined the list with $85 million followed by Pacman with $62 million. Tiger Woods sat at third with $59 million.