ST LOUIS (LALATE) – A KFC verdict for Monika Samaan ended with a shocking decision concerning a chicken wrap. The KFC verdict for Monika Samaan is drawing international news coverage, not just for the damage award, but also for the injuries Samaan revealed in her suit. A jury found that Samaan became brain-damaged after eating a chicken wrap inside a KFC.
The case originated in Sydney, Australian. In 2005, Samaan and her family visited a local KFC and ordered a chicken wrap. They shared it.
But unbeknownst to the family, the wrap was filled with salmonella. Samaan quickly suffered salmonella poisoning. She went into a coma. She never recorded full use of her brain. She would never speak again. When she suffered the injuries, Monika was just seven years old.
KFC issued a news statement this week claiming that it will appear the decision. The court awarded the family $8 million. But KFC will appeal that ruling. “This is clearly a very tragic case but we are deeply disappointed and surprised by the judgeā€™s decision,ā€¯ Sally Glover, KFC Australiaā€™s Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, said in a news statement. ā€¯We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family; however we also have a responsibility to defend KFCā€™s reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food.ā€¯