Ahmed Hassan Fans Respond to What Happened on Yard Crashers: EXCLUSIVE

Posted: April 28th, 2012 in Ahmed Hassan by LALATE

Ahmed Hassan Fans Respond to What Happened on Yard Crashers: EXCLUSIVE

LOS ANGELES (LALATE EXCLUSIVE) – Ahmed Hassan fans are responding to what happened on Yard Crashers with their own effort to crash-in on the debate. When LALATE first asked weeks ago “what happened to Ahmed Hassan on Yard Crashers”, the landscape between Ahmed, his fans and DYI / HGTV was different. Now fans are not sitting back; and after seasons of watching Hassan crash yards, fans are ready to crash the debate over Ahmed’s exit, with a petition.

There have been statements by Ahmed Hassan, reactions by fans, and silence by broadcaster DYI/HGTV about what really happened. While no joint news statement has ever been issued by the parties, fans have been left to infer what may have happened, how Ahmed thinks of the situation, and what the now former host hopes for the future.

The key word, unfortunately, is “former”. Ahmed Hassan is not the host of Yard Crashers anymore. Weeks ago, LALATE exclusively broke that Hassan was replaced by his network with Matt Blashaw.

At the time, Ahmed and DYI were silent about what happened. After LALATE began reporting about the shocking replacement of Ahmed for Matt, fans were not pleased, voicing their anger in comments through March. Other hosts were not helping provide clarity. Matt Muenster, host of Bath Crashers, told news “Congrats to my friend and fellow Crasher Matt Blashaw on his big Yard Crasher premiere coming up April 2nd! Head over to his page and give him some love.” Muenster made no mention of Ahmed.

Finally, after a series of reports on LALATE, and countless fan comments, Ahmed on April 2 issued a news statement about the matter on Facebook. In it, Ahmed confirmed his exited status, but still didn’t tell viewers why he was out as host of YC. The news statement wrongly appeared to suggest that Ahmed may have wanted to exit the show to devote more time to his family, writing that “2012 will be a time to parent and enjoy my 3 kid” and that 2012 would be devoted for new TV projects.

But soon, it became apparent that Ahmed did not wish to leave as host of Yard Crashers. Seven days later, Ahmed told news that previously shot episodes featuring him had never aired. He said those new or “classic episodes” as Ahmed referred to them would debut in the coming weeks.

For weeks, fan sentiments became more and more enraged. In comments, fans said repeatedly that Ahmed Hassan was their favorite crasher host, and that Ahmed was their biggest reason to turn into HGTV / DIY. Fans were baffled why a host with such a strong fan base would be removed from the network, on a hit show.

After weeks of displeasure with the situation, fans changed it, “crashing in” on the debate on April 16. After a series of LALATE reports and statements by Ahmed about the exit, one fan had enough, launching her own petition. In it, she asked that DYI/HGTV bring Ahmed Hassan back on air.

But how would Ahmed react? Finally it became inferred that Ahmed’s exit was not his desire. Rather, he told news on April 16 that he would support the petition to bring him back on air, on some other show. “Yard Crashers fans are amazing! Winnie Chueng started a petition at Change.org to ask DIY Network to bring Ahmed back to Yard Crashers. I’ve never seen these petitions used in this way, but we definitely appreciate the love!”

Hassan progressively updated fans about the progress. “Thanks for the love, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Looks like there are over 2,000 signatures on the petition at change.org.”

An insider tells LALATE this week that Hassan would love to return to HGTV / DYI to a different show, as soon as possible.

Ahmed tells news “I’d like to be shooting shows around the fun and creative work that I do. I’m looking forward to discussions with the Network on what my current interests are.” To sign the petition, click HERE. And to support Ahmed on his Facebook page, click HERE.

Ahmed Hassan

22 Responses to 'Ahmed Hassan Fans Respond to What Happened on Yard Crashers: EXCLUSIVE'

1. Wendy said,

on May 1st, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Not going to be the same at all. I’m pretty sure, i’ll not be watching yard crashers anytime soon. Bring Ahmed back.

2. Ruth said,

on May 6th, 2012 at 6:58 am

I will watch ahmed show and it’s will
    be number one on DYI
    To prove them they made mistake taking him
    off yard crasher

3. Vee said,

on May 6th, 2012 at 8:04 am

Been out of town for a few weeks. Was ready for my Ahmed fix this morning. HE’S NOT HERE! Won’t watch the new guy. Sorry guy, I’m sure you are nice and all but you are NOT Ahmed!

4. JoAnn Cross said,

on May 7th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Ive been wondering what happened to the Real Yard Crasher, BRING AHMED BACK!!

5. Toya said,

on May 12th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Yard Crashers will not be seen in my home unless Ahmed is crashing! Done!

6. Jacqui said,

on May 19th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

BRING Ahmed back..it is NOT the same show..
    SHAME ON YOU FOR LETTING HIM GO !!!

7. Dee6ft2 said,

on June 2nd, 2012 at 6:41 am

If Ahmed is done I am done!

8. shed said,

on June 3rd, 2012 at 5:43 am

June 3, 2012
    Done with yard crashers. Bring Ahmed back asap!

9. GLADYS said,

on June 12th, 2012 at 8:49 am

DEAR AHMED
    MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF WATCH YOUR PROGRAM ALL THE TIME. IF ANYONE CAN PUT IT TOGETHER IS YOU AND YOUR TEAM. SEE WE LOST OUR HOME OF 20YEARS DUE TO ILLNESS THE BANKS WOULD NOT WORK WITH US .BUT WE WATCHED YOUR PROGRAM THEN WE WILL WATCH YOUR PROGRAM NOW. YOU AND YOUR. TEAM DO A GREAT JOB OF BRINGING ENTERTAINMENT TO US THAT IT’S WORTH THE TIME SEEING YOU DO A GREAT.JOB.
    I HOPE AHMED THEY KEEP YOU AND YOUR TEAM ALWAYS ON THIS SHOW.. YOUR DOING A GREAT GREAT JOB GOD IS GOOD TO US WE MUST HAVE FAITH. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN LIFE. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE STEPPING STONE TO WALK ON.
    LOVE ALWAYS GLADYS AND JOE ORLANDO F
    e-mail gladysquinones19@yahoo.com

10. Debra said,

on June 17th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

No Ahmed, I won’t watch!!!

11. Vince said,

on July 2nd, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Ahmed was the first crasher show that I watch and got me hooked, it’s pretty clear that he and the house crasher are on a different level to everyone else, unfortunately the new guy Matt, although a nice guy isn’t even in the same league.. Ahmed, hope to see you again soon on another show.

12. monica mccorkle said,

on July 5th, 2012 at 9:53 am

BRING AHMED BACK!!!! i enjoyed his show so very much. i also enjoyed when they combined all three crashers in one show (Ahmed, Matt and Josh).
    BRING AHMED BACK, BRING AHMED BACK, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING AHMED BACK…it’s not the same without him!!! (no disrespect to Matt Blashaw).

13. John of Calif said,

on July 13th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I think there was a big mistake when Ahmed was let go. Matt Blashaw is not a landscaper, he is a Building Contractor. There is a differences the way you see it, in the work is being done. Matt is good at his trade. but its not landscaping.

14. ELIANE said,

on July 15th, 2012 at 8:30 am

Ahmed, is very fun, engaging with all types of people, extreemly creative. 10 families and I will no longer watch Yard crashers. B/C Ahmed was let go. So sad and not right.

15. Steven said,

on July 21st, 2012 at 10:59 am

Ahmed is the person who got me hooked on DIY/Crashing shows. Even though I have no green thumb, Yard Crashers was my favorite. I don’t watch the show anymore, and wont until Ahmed comes back.

16. Phil Cotton said,

on July 24th, 2012 at 7:25 am

It is truly unfortunate and unfair that Ahmed is not on Yard Crashers anymore. When he was on the show , I would tell my art students to watch his show for his artistic talent and great landscape ideas. I am deeply disappointed that he is not there anymore and I refuse to watch the new show until they bring Ahmed back.

17. MichelleC said,

on July 26th, 2012 at 10:28 am

Every since you replaced Ahmad, I have never watched the show again and I never will!! HGTV…you are such a big dissapointment right now to a lot of your veteran viewers!!! Good bye!!!!!!

18. tweety said,

on October 30th, 2012 at 9:15 am

i’m total confused right now. on some of the new shows for oct.2012 its still have ahmad as the host. and now some the new shows have both name ahmad and matt as the host??!!. i like them both. (but i favor ahmad more) so what really happening???!!!

19. Natalie broom said,

on January 27th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Okay so my dad is so stressed because my dads mom put this old run down home in his hands…and it is looking really bad so he is having to remodel it “by his self!!” and we are really needing help with our back yard!! Like a lot of help!! And whats in it for you is that me and my brother are 13(me) and 15(brother) so we can help so that means you will have 4 people helping you also my uncle and cousin so acully 6((: but anyways please message me back on Facebook (Natalie broom) or kik!! Thank you ??

20. sonda patterson said,

on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I miss Ahmed. Bing him back. I’m late to the game but had been wondering all along where did he go.

21. Marie said,

on April 18th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Ahmed is no longer host but day lies about it. HGTV has changed too many shows for the worsel! Not watching like we used to.

22. Allen Bryce said,

on July 11th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Get the new guy off bring back Ahmed. Will not watch the new guy

soccer