Ahmed Hassan Yard Crashers Exit for Matt Blashaw Revealed: WORLD EXCLUSIVE

Posted: April 1st, 2012 in Ahmed Hassan by LALATE

Ahmed Hassan Yard Crashers Exit for Matt Blashaw Revealed: WORLD EXCLUSIVE

LOS ANGELES (LALATE EXCLUSIVE) – Ahmed Hassan isn’t Yard Crashers host this week, as Matt Blashaw takes over the HGTV / DIY series. What happened to Ahmed Hassan and Yard Crashers? Ahmed Hassan in newly released news statements to fans confirms that he has ended production on Yard Crashers, but will remain listed as a host for “classic” episodes. Moreover, Ahmed tells news that a few new (previously shot) episodes featuring him will debut in the coming months.  But where is HGTV’s statement to fans about Ahmed’s exit? Where is HGTV’s clarity about Ahmed’s exit?

This week, HGTV / DIY are proclaiming the appointment and introduction of Matt Blashaw as the new Yard Crasher with zero reference to Ahmed and zero explanation as to what happened to Ahmed. Some viewers are irate, vowing never again to watch Yard Crashers. And many are irate at the broadcaster, all together.

Ahmed Hassan would always tell Yard Crashers families to do their homework before day two’s work. But a quick perusal of the channel’s websites reveals his broadcaster hasn’t done its own homework about programming announcements. The HGTV / DIY websites currently list Matt Blashaw and Ahmed Hassan as both hosts of Yard Crashers. So is Ahmed a current host, former host, or future host? Good luck figuring that one out.

Ahmed Hassan Pictures Set 1
Ahmed Hassan Photo 1
Ahmed Hassan Photo 2
Ahmed Hassan Photo 3
Ahmed Hassan Photo 4

Ahmed, rather, tells news this weekend that he will no longer be taping new episodes, and that he previously shot a few new episodes that will broadcasted later this year. Yes, Ahmed has been replaced. The reason for the replacement remains a mystery.

If this digital inability to clarify hosts status on websites sounds familiar for this broadcaster, it should. LALATE previously detailed that HGTV / DIY unveiled Egypt Sherrod as the new host of Property Virgins at a time in which Sandra Rinomato, not Egypt, was listed on their websites as the host of Property Virgins. In fact, Sandra Rinomato had already left the show by that point. Currently, the broadcaster is listing the two as both hosts.

So what really happened to Ahmed? This weekend, buried in only the comments sections of his Facebook posts, Ahmed quietly gave some details.

Ahmed Hassan Pictures Set 2
Ahmed Hassan Photo 5
Ahmed Hassan Photo 6
Ahmed Hassan Photo 7
Ahmed Hassan Photo 8

First, Ahmed referred to himself as the following: “Happy April! On Sunday, tune in to DIY at 9am EST for a full hour of Yard Crashers and check out HGTV at 11am for another episode. Classic episodes featuring Ahmed as host!”

One fan wasn’t happy with HGTV’s clarity on their website.  “I have gone to the website nothing explains why Ahmed isn’t hosting. I want an explanation please.”

Ahmed then gave this news statement: “When relationships change, there’s never a simple answer. The good news is that the classics will continue to air and there’s a handful of new episodes that haven’t aired yet, with me as host. Stay tuned.”

In another statement, buried in the comments section of Facebook, Ahmed said “I appreciate your love! You fans are the best. The good news is that the show will continue to air with me as host and there are still some that haven’t aired yet. Please keep watching on both HGTV and DIY!”

Despite that, viewers are beyond irate about the lack of clarity from Ahmed’s broadcaster. “I am so disappointed that Ahmed is gone. The public deserves to know why. You have just lost another viewer as a result of poor decision making!.”

Another added “I don’t like the way HGTV changes hosts do not tell their loyal viewers anything. I loved Ahmed and got my husband to watch the show with me. I will not be watching since he is gone without any explanation.”

Will viewers watch the new host? “I have been a loyal viewer for years but no more.” Another wrote “Where is Ahmed? I will not watch HGTV until he comes back. The only alternative I have is to tape his shows. I have been a loyal fan of HGTV until now. No Ahmed no watching. Good bye HGTV”.

For now, fans will be able to catch Ahmed in reruns a few new future episodes. As one fan wrote  “I was so sadden why Ahmed is not the host of Yard Crashers. He was so good, entertaining and has a great personality. I used to search the TV schedule to see when Yard Crasher was on and set aside that time to watch even though it may have been a re-run. Well you have now lost me as a viewer or follower of Yard Crasher or any of the other Crasher shows.”

Ahmed Hassan

76 Responses to 'Ahmed Hassan Yard Crashers Exit for Matt Blashaw Revealed: WORLD EXCLUSIVE'

1. Helen said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:52 am

I noticed that Ahmed usually had another contractor bring out the plans for the yard, rather than using his own designs. My guess is this has to do with intellectual property rights. If he uses his own designs, perhaps his contract does not allow him to use them for his own company. This means he is acting as a host but not as a landscaping architect. If HGTV has to pay someone else to do the design anyway, they can hire someone less qualified to host and save the expense of hiring a certified landscaper. Intellectual property rights can kill contract negotiations pretty quickly.

2. John Latham said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 6:42 pm

What has happened to Admed. He was the biggest selling point for DIY. If he does not return, I will NOT look at any DIY shows.

3. Brandon said,

on April 4th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

People are going to stop watching DIY just because of this? Seriously? Yard Crashers was ONE show on a channel of many good shows. Besides, I learned more off an episode of Desperate Landscapes than I did from Yard Crashers. Give Blashaw a chance, he’s a good host who’s had other good shows. Get over it folks, you never know how the new show is until you watch it. Besides, Bath Crashers and House Crashers are far better and have better hosts.

4. Da'Vid said,

on April 4th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I will not watch Yard Crashers or Property Virgins anymore. I watched because Ahmed and Sandra made it entertaining.

5. Lori said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 6:06 am

It is because of Ahmed I began watching HGTV and DIY network. It is about principle not about giving another host a chance. I can not support a network who is disloyal to the employees and fans

6. Lesa said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 7:09 am

Actually, Brandon, the fact that you believe House Crashers and Bath Crashers are better shows with better hosts is purely matter of opinion not fact.

Others of us prefer Yard Crashers and Ahmed. Deal with it.

7. JOE. said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 9:41 am

YOU PEOPLE ARE DUMB; AHMED DID NOT WHAT HE WAS DOING!!!
    I HOPE THE NEW HOST WILL BE SMARTER AND BE A BETTER LANDSCAPER…
    GOOD BY AHMED!!!!!

8. JOE. said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 9:44 am

Thank you Brandon!!! you are right on the money!!

9. JOE. said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 9:47 am

Can you say cut off your nose to spite your face…lol…

10. TJ said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

No Ahmed, no TJ. Joe and Brandon – whatever, dudes…

11. Javier said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

How about sending Ahmed to smaller cities like Augusta, Ga or other cities here in the southeast. That’ll be cool! I need some help down here….

12. Joel said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 12:11 pm

For me and my wife – we will not be watching Yard Crashers again. Besides the fact that Ahmed had personality and we LIKED him, we have already watched other shows hosted by Matt Blashaw. Of all the hosts on DIY, he seemed the least capable of DOING anything – he contracted out all the jobs that we wanted to learn. I can do that! Plus, Blashaw has all the appeal and magnatism of a piece of chalk. Who’s this guy know that DIY keeps trying to make him a star?

13. Pam Montgomery said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I feel saddened that Ahmed is no longer going to be the host of Yard Crashers. What happened? I learned so much from him, took notes. He made it possible for people like me, to imagine a beautiful yard on a budget. I told everyone I know to watch his show, and the ideas were something we could discuss. I hope they change their mind.

14. Gary said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 6:13 am

Ahmed made this show special. He was quite the personality people enjoyed viewing when you speak about “yard work.” Who else can make yard work exciting– he created some masterpieces on his show. Get him back now. You just lost another fan.

15. Annette said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 8:16 am

This was my favorite show on HGTV cause I don’t get DIY. I watched it religiously. Matt why him was watching in with my 2nd favorite. Josh Temple it was like watching paint dry. He coordinated and did the best designs for only 2 days. But that is HGTV for you whenever there is a show that is really popular suddenly the host is gone. I expect Scott from Income Property to be the next casualty.

16. yolanda said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 8:27 am

Not only was ahmed relaced on yard crashers but on turf wars also. When i saw the commercials for both upcoming season premieres i was outraged. What happened? I will not watch either show or HGTV anymore.

17. Marie said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Are you serious, Ahmed IS Yard Crashers! As for the other two spin-offs, hosts lack personality. DIY/HGTV had a winning combination with Ahmed as host. Good luck to the new host, but Ahmed’s personality is what sold the show.

18. Marion said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

No Ahmed. No Yard Crashers. The charming personalities make these shows enjoyable. Ahmed is one of a kind and not easily replaced. So, I’ll just watch House Crashers, because Josh is a character too.

19. Barb said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I have watched both shows since Ahmed left them neither has the appeal it once had the new host of Turf war seems to know less than the contestants. Matt has been the host of other shows, but he is not Ahmed. Matt is a host Ahmed knew what he was doing and it showed.

20. Terry Klenske said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I did give blah aw a chance and there is no way he comes close to Ahmed. I really miss Sandy too.

21. tillie said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 6:10 am

I watched this new guy and he s cked .will not be watching again

22. Kiesha said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 6:20 am

Im mad that on the new episode they have Ahmed posted as the host and he’s not. If he is not going to be on there then don’t say he is so I don’t waste my time watching it. I gave the new dude a chance and he’s not as good. Sorry.

23. Ian said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 6:39 am

I hate the fact that Ahmed is gone…he had great personality…I will not watch with Blashaw…too bad, my wife and i really liked it…we like Bath and House Crashers, but Kitchen and Room Crashers hosts are boring (and they seem very repetitive since they already had a House Crashers…aren’t rooms and Kitchen’s in houses and isnt a kitchen a room?)

If they replace Scott from Income Property that will be another show we will not watch.

We want an explanation

24. Mrs. Melman said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 10:30 am

HGTV, really you give us no heads up or any reasons why the change in host for Yard Crashers my favorite show, I’m like some other viewers my husband and I love this show and watch it together, but Ahmed made the show, sorry losing two more viewers.

25. Regina said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Big mistake replacing Ahmed as host of Yard Crashers, and Turf Wars. He’s what made the shows great. My husband and I watched the shows together for hours on week-ends, even if they were re-runs. Lost 2 more viewers.

26. Marikim Dickson said,

on April 12th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

That is Bullspit, Ahmed is The Man. Not watching this!

27. Edith Madden said,

on April 13th, 2012 at 7:41 am

I will not be watching HGTV or DIY, since Ahmed and Sandra are gone. These were my favorite shows and favorite host. Shame on you HGTV and DIY

28. Theresa Greenfield said,

on April 14th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Oh man just watched yard crashers without Ahmed. It wont last. Ahmed had the excitement, personality and energy. Big mistake. Get Ahmed back.

29. Bruce said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 6:54 am

HGTV,
    Bad move and without explaination…you just lost another viewer. This new guy is horrible. Just scrap the show if you can’t get Ahmed back. Nothing like watching a slow death of a once great show. Just scrap it.

30. Ismael said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 6:56 am

Typical networks they do what ever they whant with there money not giving a dam about us the viewers I’m done with yard crashers my family is very upset you guys just lost 8 viewers bring Ahmed back

31. ania said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I will never watch another diy or hgtv show ever again, when you try to fix something that’s not broken it never works!!!! Ahmed where ever you go please keep your viewers posted so we can show our support..

32. Pat said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Just watched the new host of Turf Wars. My husband and I won’t be watching Turf Wars or Yard Crashers anymore. We will watch reruns with Ahmed though. DIY, you’re ruining great shows and losing loyal fans. Keep Ahmed and Sandra as hosts.

33. Rhonda said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I turned my husband, Mom and sisters on to Yard Crashers. We all are disappointed that Ahmed isn’t on either show. It’s not the same show now.Thank God for repeats!!!

34. Sue said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I have seen Matt on another show and was not impressed with his “bedside” manor. No Ahmed, no yard crashers!!!!!! I will find something else to watch.

35. WENDY KARRAS said,

on April 16th, 2012 at 6:36 am

Ahmed’s personality is what makes the show, he is why I watch Yard Crashers. I agree that the new host is boring. From now on I will be watching only the episodes with Ahmed as host.

36. Donnie said,

on April 16th, 2012 at 6:58 am

First off yeah it does s ck that Ahmed is no longer on the show as well as my family and myself will not be watching the new ones either. Secondly any network isn’t obligated in the slightest to explain anything thing about replacing hosts, or any other likewise, of any of their host. When it comes to those aspects the “people” aren’t owed anything nor is it any of their business, don’t even have a “right” to be mad at the network. Now we are interested in if Ahmed is going to do anything else and can only hope for such. If unfortunately he doesn’t then we wish you the best and thank you for everything.

37. Al said,

on April 17th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

It is shameful to change hosts without letting viewers know. As others have stated Ahmed is yard crashers, the crashies seem to be better personalities than Matt.

38. Carol said,

on April 18th, 2012 at 7:59 am

This change in hosts has created in me changing the channel permanently. Boooooooooo!

39. Carol said,

on April 18th, 2012 at 8:01 am

Nothing against the new guy but goodbye DIY Channel.

40. Richard said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 9:56 am

With all this talk about people not viewing DIY, or HGTV at all, may put advertisers in a bit of a tiff if the viewers drop-off altogether. I don’t care for Blashaw that much and DIY seems to have a Holier than thou attitude for this unannounced change in hosts. And they also continue to waste and destroy good cabinets, vanities, and counter tops that could be put to good use for some home owner less fortunate. What a shame DIY. In addition, the DIY CEO needs to get his/her head out their *.

41. Hope said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 12:54 pm

HGTV…what is wrong with you? You’ve lost a fan with the Property Virgin change…and now you repeat your mistake with Yard Crashers. A lot of us only watch the repeats. Thank you for disapointing yet another fan…WAY TO GO HGTV

42. Lisa said,

on April 23rd, 2012 at 8:57 am

Joe, how can you call people dumb when you can’t spell correctly or write a complete sentence?! Dissatisfied viewers have brought networks down in the past and forced mergers with parent companies just to stay afloat..ie TNN,MTV. I’ve watched the new Yard Crashers. Matt does a decent job, but it’s Ahmed’s charisma and personality that draws you into the show. HGTV was wrong to make a major change to one of its most popular shows with no warning or explanation to its loyal viewers. It’s like the Patriots getting rid of Brady, the Bulls dropping Derek Rose or Lebrons leaving Cleveland!—Understand our pain now?

43. Tony said,

on April 23rd, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Add me to the list of people who will NOT watch the show without Ahmed. HORRIBLE decision.

44. J. Smith said,

on April 25th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

What were you thinking? I watch HGTV all the time and this time you definitely made a mistake. No one but you know the details but I have viewed the new host and NO WAY, NO WAY. Get Ahmed back – please!

45. Joe Jackson said,

on April 26th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Yard Crashers was more that an educational show… it was entertainment. The main lessons from the show isn’t How-To’s… its about design and inspiration. Desprate Landscape may teach more How-To’s… but the only thing I’ve ever learned from it was the name of plants.. After several years of DIY Network… I’ve learned all I need to know about DIY… the only thing keeping my loyalty is the designs and inspiration Ahmed brings with him… well… haven’t been on DIY Network for a while now….. I wish some other network would sign Ahmed.

46. chuck parker said,

on April 26th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

we have watched Ahmed, on diy since the show started. why has he been replaced?we will be contactimg the sponsors to find out why this is happing. we will not buy anything, from the sponsors , And please let your comments be seen on your social network.ask your family ,and freinds to do the same.

47. lou said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 7:31 am

What a disappointment. Sandra and Ahmed are my 2 favorite hosts, and they are sorely missed. This is not judgement on the new hosts of Property Virgins and Yard Crashers, but if these 2 hosts were dimissed in an unfair way, I will no longer watch these 2 shows. Ms. Nash of Clean House was also gone with no explanation. What’s up with that. Stations want loyalty then abuse the watchers.3

48. Pat Howell said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 7:45 am

First Rinomato is no longer on Property Virgins and now Ahmad Hassan is no longer on Yard Crashers … the two programs I watch because of the wonderful hosts and their passion for what they do … will HGTV ever learn? So disappointed

49. Natalie said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 8:24 am

I’m sitting here watch DIY with the Moss brothers. How do I know the Moss brothers – Yard Crashers and Turf Wars with Ahmed. I’m not happy with HGTV!! Sorry but add me to the people who will not watch Matt — he is boring!! I tried him but nope can’t do it!! Ahmed made me believe I could actually hook my yard up . . . Ahmed we miss you!! Ahmed we love you. I will be looking out to see if someone is smart enough to sign you up for another landscaping show. Producers don’t think this will blow over . . . not happening!!!!!

50. Donnie said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Please bring back ahmad and sandra I will miss them they made there shows great

51. Linda said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 10:45 am

I’m done with Yard Crashers … can’t stand this Matt guy. He is BLAH in the personality department. I don’t care how many people he has working with him, nothing can cover up the fact that he has no personality. He may be a good landscaper/carpenter but he is by far not a TV personality. I miss Ahmed and won’t watch now that he’s gone unless I see a rerun with him in it.

Ya’ll are pissing off your viewers and there goes the ratings.

52. KimBella said,

on May 2nd, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I think Matt is a lot of fun to watch and have been a fan of his for years. The fact that changes are made “behind the scenes” can be disappointing, but I would hope that people realize that the employees of DIY and HGTV are similar to us everyday folk. Meaning, we have all had different jobs and been either replaced or have replaced someone else. It happens. Give people a chance to find their rhythm. Did you all stop watching the Tonight Show when Johnny left? Or stop watching a news channel for the same reason? Different does not mean bad, it just means different. Matt has a great presence and I’m excited to have him join one of my favorite shows.

53. Victoria said,

on May 5th, 2012 at 10:19 am

I have watched a few of the new episodes of Yard Crashers and it has turned into a 30 minute commerical and product placement. Of course I don’t know for sure, but I suspect Ahmed had better class than to host a 30 minute commerical.

54. dori said,

on May 6th, 2012 at 8:29 am

i think changing hosts is really a call but when a host done have any watch able persona its just a mess. if it’s no broke don’t fix it

55. Jaimee Lee said,

on May 7th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I think I am the only person on the planet who thought Ahmed was annoying as h-ll! I had seen Matt on other shows and was absolutely stoked that he is now on Yard Crashers. Nobody knows why HGTV made this decision but do you think they would have changed hosts if Ahmed was actually that stellar? I don’t. Good riddance! And hello to Matt Blashaw! Geez … give him a chance people.

56. Jordan said,

on May 9th, 2012 at 8:18 am

@Helen
    If you watch enough of HGTV remodel shows you’ll notice most of the hosts don’t create the design. They have input, but there’s usually a designer (or design cordnator) on set as well.

Ahmed was the reason I started watching DIY. I can watch Bath/House Crashers, but Yard is the only one I DVR. I’ve tried watching the new guy, but it doesn’t feel the same. And quite frankly why should I have to get use to someone else? I liked the show the way it was, and once again HGTV made an arbitrary decision to replace the host. And then not have the decency to issue a statement explaining why. Or even remove the old host from the site. The show is nothing w/o Ahmed, and now I really have no reason to watch the channel. (And I’m kind of iffy about HGTV now as well.)

57. ACBELL said,

on May 12th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

So if we’re playing “what if”…maybe the sponsors were unhappy with the show “they were paying for” because their products weren’t getting enough air time. Plus…”maybe” Ahmed was ready to move on…because, honestly, to me, the last 6 months or so…he really seemed annoyed with being there…imo! Life is all about change….it’s the only thing that doesn’t change.

58. Will said,

on May 26th, 2012 at 8:16 am

@ Jaimee Lee you probably don’t like black people. MattBlashaw has zero personality.

59. Kelly Clary said,

on May 27th, 2012 at 6:20 am

I too noticed the Property Virgins and Yard Crashers changes. I will not watch the new Property Virgins for sure. Although I like Matt, I won’t watch the new Yard Crashers either. I believe that they have pretty much branded those shows so noone else will do with fans. HGTV please reconsider these changes as I really learned alot on the programs but no more.

60. Angela said,

on May 28th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Bring the brother back and pay him what he’s worth if it’s about the money. Ahmed made the show and made you want to spend some money to fix your own situation both in the house and out!

61. Beth said,

on June 1st, 2012 at 11:55 am

Add my name to those who won’t be watching Yard Crashers again. I watched your new host today and he, while I’m sure is a nice guy personally, lacks the charisma and pizazz of Ahmed. I learned quite a bit from Ahmed over the years and truly enjoyed his never-say-die attitude. He and Amy Matthews were my favorite hosts. Now I’ll only catch Amy. I wonder when you’ll replace her?

62. rick drackert said,

on June 3rd, 2012 at 3:32 pm

well as a licensed contractor in nevada i usually work 7 days a week but when i take a dayoff i watch what else? DIY shows i recently started watching yard crashers i really like the results. i do interiors i hate landscape no good at it but the results Ahmed gets is phenomenol guess i wont watch he was the show with his sidekicks

63. Melissa said,

on June 17th, 2012 at 7:56 am

I was upset when they replaced Sandra on Property Virgins but this is just too much. I’m sure that most people who watch HGTV or DIY know who Matt is and he’s okay but it’s just that he isn’t Yard Crashers! That’s Ahmed! I have watched 2 of the new shows but Matt just doesn’t have the energy and excitement that Ahmed has…so no go on the new shows. The same with Property Virgins, can’t watch the new ones. I do love watching House Crashers and Bath Crashers, those boys are as energetic as Ahmed so I love them too. Hope they don’t replace them or DIY will be gone in my house!!

64. JimBob said,

on June 23rd, 2012 at 8:48 am

I liked Ahmed alright but I wonder…in an episode I viewed recently, he asked the “target couple” what they did. When the woman answered: Unemployed at this time, he called her a loser! Supposed to be a joke but didn’t look like one to her. Then he kept talking “quickie” with her. Jokes, I know, but not to tv brass! Could that have paved his exit?

65. Dap said,

on July 21st, 2012 at 11:48 am

Sign the petition on Change.org. Here is the link

66. Bigsteve said,

on August 12th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

The new host Matt forYyard Crashers is so boring. Ahmed was way better. Sorry I will not be watching Yard Crashers anymore.

67. felicia said,

on August 16th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

same thing when food network lost robert irvine for dinner impossible…it became dinner imposter until they brought him back! Bring back Ahmed! We want Ahmed!

68. Julius said,

on August 18th, 2012 at 7:50 am

Ahmed, thank you so much for blessing us with some wonderful seasons. DIY /HGTV, guys thank you so much for having the insight to put such a great guy on like Ahmed in the first place.

69. Nancy said,

on August 26th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Boy I have watched several of Matts shows and I really do not like any of the designs he has done. They cannot even compare to the shows Ahmed did.
    I would be one unhappy homeowner if I thought I was getting a great design like I’d seen on Ahmed’s shows and ended up with the yuck Matt is doing. It looks like cheap do it yourself crafts. Did they lose their financial backers?

70. Gary McGowan said,

on August 28th, 2012 at 11:47 am

Its all dollars and cents. If you notice HGTV has so many REAL ESTATE shows now…they cost very little to produce. Every Tom, *, and Harry want their 5 mins of fame so will do anything for nothing.
    HGTV should change their name to HG Real Estate.
    Ahmed probabley got too expensive with his popularity rise and design costs. Therefore, someone new that is cheap and makes cheaper designs….more crafty amateur designs. It’s all about the bottom line. But what Big Companies fail to understand….to make money you have to spend money!!!!!! HGTV is getting really cheap and they could care less about their viewers. Advertising dollars are based up the number of viewers they have….so as long as the viewer base is high the more they charge their advertisers. The SOLUTION: STOP WATCHING and when you get called for a poll by Nielsen Ratings…give them a bunch of BS!!!! Tell them you watch only the visually impaired channels. Nielsen ratings are a bunch of BS….1000 out of 350 million decides what we watch!!!!!

71. Kurt said,

on September 8th, 2012 at 9:01 am

I used to enjoy my Saturday mornings with my wife watching yard crashers and house crashers. I have tried to watch and give the guy a chance but Matt sorry here is yet another show you failed at. You would think that HGTV/DIY would cut the guy loose. They keep trying to find a show for him and he just doesn’t have what it takes ‘Charisma’. So now we only watch House Crashers.

I agree with most Scott on Income Property, Ahmed on Yard Crashers, Josh on House Crashers and yes even Property Virgins. These are hosts that make the show and usually are the reason to watch. Holmes on Homes would not be the same without Mike Holmes and these other shows are no different. Was the Tonight Show better with Jay Leno?? Yes it was and the network realized it. Now my only hope is that HGTV/DIY come up with a new show with Ahmed. Maybe he was tired of the show and needs a new direction. He doesn’t seem too bothered by being replaced.

If Josh Temple is ever replaced then I will lose my last reason to watch HGTV!!

72. Zak said,

on September 16th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Bring Ahmed Hassan back, he was one of the best hosts on DIY/HGTV!! My wife and I are no longer interested in watching Yard Crashers without him, he made the show!

73. Shawn said,

on October 7th, 2012 at 6:35 am

Gee hgtv way to get rid of yet another talented tv personality….. What was it , couldn’t make enough profit off of the show after he asked for a small justifiable pay increase? We will take our disposable income elsewhere in the future…….our best wish to Ahmed

74. Lorraine said,

on January 17th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

MY best wish to Ahmed. There is no comparison, he is the best. I will boycut that show. BYE.

75. Mary T. said,

on September 12th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I liked the show with Ahmed. He did a better job with the landscaping. Matt is a contractor and works more with hard scape than plants. Different and both good but I like landscaping the best. I miss Ahmed.

76. khoen said,

on February 8th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

My husband and watch yard crasher matt. He is own created deisign. We don’t agree with Ahmed is not design his own create… Better Matt is good host…