EPL Table 2014 English Premier League Standings Rankings | Soccer En Vivo Live Score Results Today

Liga MX Table, International Champions Cup, Draw Results 2014, Cruz Azul, Manchester United

Football Live Score Results - NFL, College Football

NFL Football Live Score Results | NCAA College Football Score Rankings, Results

Teresa Giudice Joe Giudice Sentencing Date - The 39 Count Indictment, Deportation, Prison and More

Teresa Giudice Sentencing Date: Are Teresa Giudice Joe Giudice Going to Prison? The latest news update on Joe Giudice.

Shannon Beador Divorce - Do David and Shannon Beador Divorce

The latest on the Shannon Beador divorce storyline

Yard Crashers Changed, What Happened to Ahmed Hassan: EXCLUSIVE

Posted: March 27th, 2012 in Ahmed Hassan by LALATE

Yard Crashers Changed, What Happened to Ahmed Hassan: EXCLUSIVE

CORAL GABLES (LALATE EXCLUSIVE) – A Yard Crashers change is prompting fans to ask “what happened to Ahmed Hassan?” Ahmed Hassan is not the DIY Network host of Yard Crashers season seven. But while Ahmed Hassan, DIY, and the new host Matt Blashaw have yet to comment about the switch, fans are not pleased. Hassan is one of the most beloved personalities on DIY. Tonight news of his exit is prompting confusion and displeasure among viewers.

Ahmed Hassan’s exit from Yard Crashers is far more different than the recent exit of Sandra Rinomato from Property Virgins. Sandra Rinomato announced to fans on Facebook her decision to leave Property Virgins, to launch her new show. Sandra gave a long detailed news statement early on and has since guided fans to her new show Buy Herself debuting this April on HGTV Canada.

But for Ahmed Hassan, DIY hasn’t particularly handled the progression clearly. In recent weeks, Yard Crasher fans including LALATE have watched as Ahmed Hassan appeared nowhere in Season 7 premiere announcements. In commercials promoting the new season, the host is shown as Matt Blashaw, not Ahmed Hassan.

Tonight, the confusion got worse. Matt Muenster, host of Bath Crashers, tweeted moments ago “Congrats to my friend and fellow Crasher Matt Blashaw on his big Yard Crasher premiere coming up April 2nd! Head over to his page and give him some love.” Muenster made no mention of Ahmed.

Ahmed Hassan Pictures Set 1
Ahmed Hassan Photo 1
Ahmed Hassan Photo 2
Ahmed Hassan Photo 3
Ahmed Hassan Photo 4

Immediately, Muenster’s remarks created a waterfall of comments. “No more Ahmad? …Yes, what happened to Ahmad”. One fan commented “You knew [Matt] you were opening the door for a ton of Ahmed questions…and here’s one more. Where is he?”

Muenster has yet to respond to the comments. One fan noted that the DIY commercials clearly suggested that Ahmed was gone. “However when I saw that Ahmed wasn’t on the yard crashers commercial I was heartbroken because I realized he had been replaced. I miss him and his show during the winter months.” Blashaw tells news “Hey, everyone! My episodes of “Yard Crashers” start up soon”.

Ahmed Hassan Pictures Set 2
Ahmed Hassan Photo 5
Ahmed Hassan Photo 6
Ahmed Hassan Photo 7
Ahmed Hassan Photo 8

When Sandra was replaced on Property Virgins, HGTV initially kept Sandra’s images on their website’s header, even while the new Property Virgins season started. But while DIY has replaced Ahmed on their Yard Crashers show, they replaced him on their Yard Crashers website, still listing him as the host.

For now, Hassan continues to make appearances across the country. Last week, he appeared as a guest presenter as “Americas favorite landscaper” on the Today Show. He has recently made appearances on the CBS Early Show and the Nate Berkus Show as well.

Ahmed Hassan

155 Responses to 'Yard Crashers Changed, What Happened to Ahmed Hassan: EXCLUSIVE'

1. Andi said,

on March 28th, 2012 at 7:11 pm

2. terri said,

on March 29th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

He is the best. Hands down one of top hosts on DIY and HGTV. This show will probably die just like Clean House after Neicy Nash left (although HGTV did alot to kill the show). I actually emailed DIY after seeing the new TV ads with the new guy. Of course they did not respond.
    In this link he mentions he will not be back but not why. Clearly, it looks like he and DIY did not part ways on a good note.Anyway, guess that’s it for me and DIY. His was the only show I watched on DIY.

3. sheila said,

on March 29th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

My husband who only watches sports TOLD me to get on the internet and FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO AHMAD! Now my husband is a manly man so much that this question is huge. DIY needs to get this man back on this show. We would watch him all day on marathons. Amhad come back to us and spin your magic. We aren’t watching until you do.

4. Mason said,

on March 29th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Not happy big fan of Amhed. It’s just not going to be the same. Oh well me, my family, and friends won’t watch anymore he made that show.

5. Karen said,

on March 29th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I’ve been a loyal watcher of DIY for years and have become very dissappointed with the fact the network has been running reruns for over a yr now and the only ones worth viewing over and over again have been YCs due to Ahmed’s charisma and infectious approach. Replacing him speaks volumes about how out of touch the network is about what their viewers want and expect from the shows on DIY. This will certainly impact viewership in the most negative way possible with a network who now is showing lower viewership and ratings over the last several yrs.

6. on March 30th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

So upset that Ahmed is not on Yard Crashers. Will not watch it again. Top guys in network nuts again!!!!

7. Iris Norwood said,

on March 30th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I am so disappointed with DIY not bringing back Ahmed to Yard Crashers. I will not be watchin it. Somehow I knew this would happen once I saw Bath, Room, and House Crashers all with white hosts then I figured that Ahmed on Yard Crashers would not last because he was black. So sad because not only was he good, but he is funny as well. Sorry, I threw the race card out there, but to me it’s like the elephant in the room.

8. Carter said,

on March 30th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I just realized Ahmad has been replaced.why???? He is the best. Iris, please don’t use the race card on this one. I am white and all my white friends adore Ahmad. We never talk about the other “crasher” shows only Ahmad and yardcrashers. Bring Ahmad back!

9. Iris Norwood said,

on March 30th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I already said sorry. What more do you want? I miss Ahmad as well.

10. Cathy said,

on March 30th, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Ahmed was the reason I started watching the other shows, because they followed him. Not watching. And I have to say, don’t like how HGTV tosses their people away.

11. Pat said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 5:50 am

Bring Ahmed back! You just lost an avid fan of yard crashers! Very disappointed!!!!

12. AFH said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 6:16 am

How do we know it wasn’t Ahmed’s decision? Maybe he has some better opportunities and he decided he needed to leave the show. Just because we all loved his charisma doesn’t mean he has to continue doing the show for us if he didn’t love doing it. Overall the Diy Network is an entertaining and provides a great service to all DIY’ers!

13. Trudi Mallard said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ahmed was the show..he had more energy than the name energy…I believe in the old but true words of wisdom…IF IT AIN’T BROKE!!!!DONT FIX IT…we loved Ahmed and sure this will impact negatively on Your network…..I’m sure that Ahmed will continue to prosper and his fans will continue to watch for his comeback ……0

14. Trudi Mallard said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 10:31 am

We love you Ahmed …
    Oh yes we do..
    We love you Ahmed..
    And this is true ….
    When you’re not Yard Crashing…
    We’re BLUE…
    Oh Ahmed…WE LOVE YOU!!!!

15. on March 31st, 2012 at 12:47 pm

My husband and I ALWAYS schedule our time to watch Ahmad. Terrible handling of this dismissal.
    Did he leave voluntarily? Yes, viewers need to know.

16. Mary Ann Hoffman said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I totally echo Andi’s comments: Ahmed was a great host, my favorite, actually. He has incredible charisma and talent. Without him, Yard Crashers, will lose me as a viewer. I have no intention of watching one episide with Blashaw as host.

I will NOT be watching the new Yard Crashers without Ahmad, it is just the best!!! BRING HIM BACK!

17. kaye sharp said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Unbelievable!!
    I finally talk my circle of friends into watching Yard Crashers and you take Ahmed away! Fine …party is OVER! I am not a kid, I am 66 and getting used to things changing…but this is too sad! Oh well I can find other things to do with my time… not watching HGTV !

18. mona said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Ahmed only reason Crasher is good. Won’t be watching the new guy.

19. richard schultz said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Only watched the other crasher shows because Ahmed was in the lead. Does anyone out there know what happened? i haven’t been this upset since nbc canc the original star trek

20. Debra said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Why would you want to replace a good thing. This show finally got my husband up off the couch an try to fix up the back yard. This show is the one crasher show we record.

21. Scarpien said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 8:19 pm

AFH: The fact that the network is so tight-lipped about Ahmed’s sudden departure doesn’t say much about them or the fact that it had to have ended badly. I’m sure if Ahmed leaving the show was voluntary/on good terms he would have informed his fans, or at least the network would have said so, don’t you think?

22. Barbara said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I was so sadden why Ahmed is not the host of Yard Crashers. He was so good, entertaining and has a great personality. I used to search the TV schedule to see when Yard Crasher was on and set aside that time to watch even though it may have been a re-run. Well you have now lost me as a viewer or follower of Yard Crasher or any of the other Crasher shows.

23. Barbara Allen said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I was so upset that Ahmed is not the host of Yard Crashers. He was so good, entertaining and has a great personality. I used to search the TV schedule to see when Yard Crasher was on and set aside that time to watch even though it may have been a re-run. Well you have now lost me as a viewer or follower of Yard Crasher or any of the other Crasher shows.

24. Gerry said,

on March 31st, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I think if the parting was mutual, both sides would have given a statement to the fans. Well like the old saying goes, nothing good ever lasts forever. Good Luck Ahmed, you were the reason I began watching DIY on a regular basis….. Amy Mathews a close second :-)

25. Andre said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 6:08 am

No Ahmed…no show. As much as I like watching outdoor projects, the show just won’t be the same without Ahmed. I haven’t been this sad about a TV show since the Cosby Show went off the air.

26. tom said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 6:24 am

all i can say love the show i fill the same way everyone els dose ahmed was fun to watch and will be missed

27. Gail said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 7:10 am

Where is Ahmed???? I will not watch HGTV until he comes back. The only alternative I have is to tape his shows. I have been a loyal fan of HGTV until now. No Ahmed no watching. Good bye HGTV

28. on April 1st, 2012 at 7:39 am

NO AHMED NO VIEWER!!!!!!I have been a loyal viewer for years but no more!!!!!!!!!

29. Diana said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 7:54 am

I’m sorry, where is Ahmed???? I also will not be watching Yard Crashers if Ahmed is not hosting it. He is the one who made Yard Crashers what it is today. In fact we were hopeing to use one of the Yard Crashers that he has done in the past when we move into our new home. So thank you Ahmed and when you get a new show, you will have us watching.

30. Barbara said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 8:08 am

I don’t like the way HGTV changes hosts do not tell their loyal viewers anything. I loved Ahmed and got my husband to watch the show with me. I will not be watching since he is gone without any explanation

31. Nique said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 8:11 am

I am so disappointed that Ahmed is gone. The public deserves to know why. You have just lost another viewer as a result of poor decision making! :0((

32. Mike said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 9:21 am

NOT WATCHING ANYMORE

33. Martha said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 9:47 am

Did anyone else notice how formulaic all of the crasher shows have gotten? Most everyone chosen is a young, cute couple. Frankly, I went to a home show in my hometown to hear Ahmed talk about yard design and landscape, he talked about himself for about 10 mins and then brought “experts” from local nurseries to talk about design and plant care. I was very disappointed and haven’t really been interested in any of the crasher shows since. I will give Matt Blashaw a chance tho. Maybe they will do something different like broaden their participant selection or talk more about how to create a design and take care of the plants.

34. ben said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 11:58 am

Why did Ahmed leave ? At least answer our questions . If he does not return I am done with diy network .

35. karen korakas said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I am so sick of my favorite shows or people on them being taken off. DIY you just lost me as a watcher. Ahmed was why Yard Crashers was not only something you learned how how to treat your own yard, but he made it fun to watch (and I don’t even have a yard). The new man you choose does that other show Professional Grade and he’s a boring host on there, where do you think he’ll be any better doing Yard Crashers?

36. John Wilson said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Yard Crashers has been my favorite show to watch on Saturday. No Ahmed, no John watching! I am done with DIY and HGTV.

37. on April 1st, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I can’t tell you how upset my hubby & I are that Ahmed is gone. We won’t be watching anymore. This was one of the few good shows on TV and it’s been ruined.

38. Twig said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 5:58 pm

No longer watching…Ahmed was great. Sorry DIY, not wasting my time…

39. Joni said,

on April 1st, 2012 at 7:07 pm

We watched Ahmad on Yard Crashers from the start, We will no longer watch this show. Ahmad is Yard Crashers. Yard Crashers is the inspiration for all the other Crasher shows.

40. Helen said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:31 am

I am a little baffled as to why they would replace a certified landscape architect with a construction professional. Perhaps they think they are interchangeable career fields? This only shows their lack of understanding.

41. Jacque Barton said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 8:45 am

He was my favorite; I actually started watching DIY TV because of that show. I have seen his replacement and the two personalities are not even comparable. Ahmed will be missed, and DIY will surely miss some fans because of the way this was handled.

42. Minorca said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:12 pm

There are two problems here the way I see it. First that Ahmed is gone. And yes, maybe it was Ahmed’s decision to leave, but we don’t know and that brings me to problem number two. Networks taking their fans for granted and not showing them any respect. I like Matt Blashaw; I watch him on other shows, but that’s not the issue here. At a minimum an explanation would be nice. If they parted because they couldn’t come to an agreement, fine, just say so. If they replaced him arbitrarily – bad move. He was “is” the best – charismatic, funny, good looking – you name it! The issue is though that the networks treat us like sheep that are just going to follow along no matter how badly they screw up. Sorry, but to me Ahmed was Yard Crashers.
    t

43. Shantee said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I loved watching Yard Crashers I can’t believe Ahmed’s not on the show anymore I will not be watch Yard Crashers anymore I hope to see him on something else soon! I also look for DIY or HGTV to tell us something soon this isn’t right….

44. Dave said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Agreed, bring back Ahmed! or I am switching to flip this house!!! He’s funny and he knows his stuff cold.

45. Cynthia Crafton said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I am really upset that Ahmed is not the host of “Yard Crashers” any longer. He was such an energetic, talented, and fun guy. I will miss him. I hope he gets a great deal elsewhere, since it appears that diy wouldn’t come up with the bucks! To other commenters: please spell his name CORRECTLY–it’s AHMED, not Ahmad!

46. Kim said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Commenting from all the way in Barbados, this show will NEVER be the same there is no one like Ahmed. Not only does he save people’s yards with his crew like Jim and Jake but he does it with a presence…..major energy!!! I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH DIY!!!!!!!!! I just watched a minute and switched the new host whoever he is totally sucks, he is dry and boring no personality!!! WHERE IS AHMED??????????

47. Bud said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Stop complaining to DIY network about Ahmed, you aren’t their customer. Complain to your cable or satalite provider about the reduction in quality of their programing.

48. Mason said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Bud DIY is the network that host the show so we are complaining to the right entity. Our providers are still providing the show, nothing they can do about the networks decisions. That comment is so displaced it’s baffling. .

49. Sunny said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:25 pm

DIY Network goes through hosts like most people use Kleenex. And this isn’t the first time they have killed a show by replacing the host with Matt Blashaw. A hunch: he is the goofy brother-in-law of the network’s owner. They never say what kind of contractor he is “certified” as, or where. So they may just be tired of their “Crashers” franchise and using Blashaw to destroy it. This last year DIY has offered a huge number of rehashed “clip shows” cutting up and re-using old footage instead of new programming. But since Dish Satellite charges an extra $20/month just to get their network, it may be good timing to treat the DIY Network the same way they treated Ahmed.

50. Disgusted EX-Yard Crasher Fan said,

on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I have been watching the old shows leading up to the new season, couldn’t wait to see Ahmed’s smile, laugh, charisma and humor. But what do I see instead, matt who? I waited for Ahmed to show up, when he didn’t by the time a couple was picked, I clicked off. I will NOT be watching anymore DIY TV again. I only watched for Yard Crashers with Ahmed, since he’s no longer there, neither will I be. Take your viewers for granted DIY and your ratings will suffer as stated by others… Hope you can survive with bath and house. I’m finished with your channel and have deleted it from my “favorites”…

51. Joe C said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 8:00 am

I have nothing against Matt, I’ve seen him on ither DIY shows & he’s pretty good. But man, did they have to drop Ahmed? He’s the original king of the whole “Crashers” series, I don’t think the DIY Network realizes how many disappointed fans they have right now. But I will still watch the show, Matt shouldn’t be taking the blame for tge network’s faults.

52. Kekesam said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

We’ll miss you Ahmed you were great. Once again hgtv gets rid of one of the good guys they don’t know talent when they see it. They keep crappy Antonio on an say he is a talented designer and get rid of a true genius go figure.

Ahmed I’ll. Miss you an god bless our loss not seeing you

53. Kelley said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Thanks for all the love you all are sending Ahmed’s way. He reads a lot of your comments and loves his fans quite a bit.

Please visit Ahmed’s FB page at Ahmed Hassan: Celebrity Landscaper and visit his website at http://www.ahmedhassan.com. Ahmed continues to evolve and wants his fans to stay abreast.

54. Jay said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 5:26 pm

No Ahmed, no me, plain and simple. I’ve already snatched it off my DVR schedule. Yard Crasher is vapor to me at this point. I’m Done!

55. John Latham said,

on April 3rd, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I only watched DIY because of Ahmeed. He was the best host of any of the crasher show. If Ahmeed does not return, I will not look at any crasher shows. Very discusted.

56. Tracy said,

on April 4th, 2012 at 6:32 am

Boycott DIY until they bring Ahmed back!!!

57. Danny Mandell said,

on April 4th, 2012 at 8:14 am

Yard Crashers…BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!! Will not watch..was a loyal fan..not anymore!!!

58. Louise Mazerov said,

on April 4th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Letting Ahmet go was a huge mistake. The new guy is way too frenetic (the reason I don’t watch House Crashers) and can’t imagine the show will be any good.

59. susan said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 5:20 am

Please tell me Ahmed has another show in production…somewhere…anywhere! He just MADE that show!

60. janice thomas said,

on April 5th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

DIY wat on blueblazzes have U done..!!!! If it aint broke…why fix it!!!! ?? Ahmed Hassan is such a people person, he could run,or even win an office straight skippy! Yard Crashers will NEVER be the same..araghaaa..! God bless u ahmed, love U…

61. Big Daddy said,

on April 6th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thank you Ahmed for inspiring me to work around my home to better it. My wife says I only watch 2 channels; ESPN and HGTV/DIY. She’s right. It’s inspiring to see a man of color do something that you don’t really see only when you get grass cut or landscaping. ESPECIALLY NOT ON NTEWORK TV. Blessings to you, my brother. Whether it’s your choice or not, you will always have my support.

62. Shameka said,

on April 6th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I was also ver disappointed to hear that he is no longer on the show. I truely hope that the people making the decisions know what they are doing however I do not believe that they do and for me and my husband we will not be watching the new person. Even Oprah stated wh she was leaving and viewers had a chance to accept it from her, Lebron did the same very tacky however he told the fans. This was not his decision and very disappointed with DIY.

63. Tokyo said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 6:20 am

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Why would you guys replace such a popular host? I loved yard crashers and Ahmad. I’m sorry to say i will not watch it with the new guywho should have stayed on his other show). Oh well, you guys have let a really good one get away and have lost a devout fan of HGTV and DIY and yet an other fan of Yard Crashers

64. Tammy said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

The higher ups need to realize how many people are not posting their disappointment but will just stop watching the show.

65. AJ said,

on April 7th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

The producers of yard crashers are making a huge mistake. My wife and I watch this show all the time, but will no longer tune in to watch Yard Crashers Lite.

66. TLL said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

AFH said “How do we know it wasn’t Ahmed’s decision”? If it was so simple as that, then why the secrecy? When it’s not a voluntary leave, that’s when a host just disappears and no explanation. I will miss Ahmed very much.

67. LG said,

on April 8th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

LG said,

on April 8th, 2012 At 7:23 PM
    I have watch Yard Crashers with Ahmed from the beginning he started me watch all the rest of the show on DIY and HGTV well I will not be watching these two channels again at all when you can just pull a person off a show and replace them with someone else with out a care then I can pull you networks off my routine without a care. SEE YA won’t want to be YA bad networks bad.

68. Teresa said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Not only has DIY ruined “Yard Crashers”, but without Ahmed, “Turf Wars” is horrible, too! That new host was bad on his old show and is twice as bad on “Turf Wars”…

69. L. Wilson said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

My family and I loved to watch Ahmed on Yard Crashers, we are sad to see him go from the show. We have no interest in the new show. We hope all is well with him, and we’d love to see him on another show in the near future.

70. R. Pern said,

on April 9th, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Not only is Ahmed gone, but so is his entire, quirky crew who contributed greatly to the show’s entertainment and humor. New host and new crew are hideous. Peace. OUT.

71. Jimmie said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I will no longer watch yard crashes. What the producers were thinking when the let Ahmed go is beyond me. HE was the show.

72. Yvonne said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Beam me up Scottie! There is no intelligent life left on DIY Yard Crashers! What a terrible mistake letting Ahmed go was to their lineup….

73. Kathryn said,

on April 10th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I have cancelled the Yard Crasher series on my dvr.

74. Melissa Jackson said,

on April 13th, 2012 at 9:30 am

I am so disappointed. Ahmed will be missed, and so will this viewer.

Bring him back!!!!!!!

Melissa.

75. Derek said,

on April 13th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I think this is a huge mistake. Wherever Ahmed ends up I will follow. If someone see him on a show please broadcast the information so everyone can follow. Good luck Ahmed I hope to see you on another show very soon.

76. Donna said,

on April 14th, 2012 at 9:52 am

I love Ahmed and will not watch the new show. Would love some answers.

77. Linda said,

on April 14th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Have never liked this new guy “drab Matt” … no personality and dry. I will not watch him. Ahmed made it fun to watch. While the new guy may know stuff … he’s not Ahmed!

Fans want to know.

78. VAB said,

on April 15th, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I loved Ahmed on Yard Crashers…you are making a big big mistake by replacing him….I think by not giving an explanation to the viewers is suspect….I will not be watching your show anymore as well as my friends!

79. Joey said,

on April 16th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I have been an avid HGTV and DIY channel viewer for years. Yard Crashers has been one of my favorite shows. Ahmed was one of the best hosts on both networks. Its hard to believe that he was replaced without any explanation whatsoever. I’m sure DIY will see evidence of their viewers displeasure, in the shows ratings. I have deleted DIY and HGTV from my favorites and removed all of their shows from my DVR. Thanks DIY Network!

-Another displeased viewer

80. Charlie said,

on April 17th, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh well, one less show I have to record. Yard Crashers and Ahmed Hassan are made for each other and taking Ahmed out of the show is like trying to start a car after you sucked all the gas out of the tank. I’m sorry, but I’m not watching Yard Crashers anymore.

81. Susie Diaz said,

on April 17th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I love Ahmed Hassan he makes the show exciting. I like Matt but he just doesn’t have “It”. Good luck to Yard Crashers I think it is the beginning of the end…..

82. judy matthews said,

on April 19th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

It’s tough to follow someone as TALENTED as Ahmed. He was entertaining and made it seem that everyone working together was having fun. He included the people working for and with him as part of the “stars,” I feel sorry for Matt,,, he won’t have a chance to be Matt, the star of Yard Crashers…… because we all want Ahmed back… I think it is the beginning of the end, and i am SO sad I never got a turn….

83. April & Hubby said,

on April 19th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

We are very disappointed with DIY and this debacle. We saw the ads for the new ‘Yard Crasher.’ The truth is: there is NO OTHER Yard Crasher in our book, none other than Ahmad. We only subscribed to DIY to see him/his show. We are done. We no longer need this network, we’ll just stick to sports. DIY get it together; people were watching, they were happy, now you went and mucked things up!

84. Kelli said,

on April 20th, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I am not watching Yard Crashers or Turf War anymore. Nothing against Matt, but he lacks Ahmed’s ability to connect with the home owners. With Ahmed there was an almost instant connection with the home owners that set them at ease and made them relax, which made it more fun for us to watch. Matt doesn’t have that. Maybe he just hasn’t found his groove yet, but he isn’t as engaging or funny or charismatic as Ahmed. The shows just aren’t as enjoyable with him as a host so I no longer will be watching. If they were going to replace Ahmed they needed to do so with a host who was equally as engaging and entertaining, they failed to do that so they’ve lost me as a viewer.

85. tonyZ said,

on April 20th, 2012 at 9:45 pm

OK I’ll join in too, no Ahmed, no yard crashers or turf wars for me either.

86. ERNEST said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 6:27 am

i won’t be watching the show–you should not have taken ahmed off

87. Kim said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 6:53 am

I miss Ahmed so much! I tried to give the new host a chance, but the new shows are just terrible. The new guy is a very weak host. How did this guy get on television??? For those of you boycotting, do not feel deprived beacause you are not missing anything.

88. Othello said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ahmed was the best and not having him as host of yard crasher means not having many viewers. I’m sure Matt Blashaw is a nice guy and he knows CONSTRUCTION NOT LANDSCAPING!!!!!!!! So until you all can get Ahmed back you’ve lost me and I’m sure many, many other loyal viewers of Yardcrashers.

89. Tracey said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 11:34 am

DIY lost another viewer :( Ahmed was the best host of all the crashers. Sad

90. Patricia Fuller said,

on April 21st, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I am so very glad to see viewers who are loyal. Ahmed was/is the best. I’m watching a re-run at this moment. He is just the best and the only thing I watched on DIY. Idiocy on the part of that soon to be forgotten Network. If they are not loyal to their hosts they won’t be loyal to their fans.

91. Regina said,

on April 22nd, 2012 at 6:18 am

Watched the new episode of DIY for about 5 minutes. It “s cked”. New host has the personality of a flea. Big mistake replacing Ahmed!! Lost several watchers in my family.

92. Bob said,

on April 22nd, 2012 at 7:48 am

The new host s cks. I will not watch this show again. Bring back Ahmed!!! What a mistake DYI has made. Bring him back or cancel the show.

93. Shari said,

on April 22nd, 2012 at 10:24 am

I speak for everyone who loves Amhed’s
    Yard Crashers. And are all very upset that
    he no longer is the host of the show. He
    made that show popular and had every
    viewer love his comic relief. And his
    landscaping experience! We want
    Amhed! We want Amhed!

94. Anna said,

on April 22nd, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I was shocked when I saw Amhed was not returning to Yard Crashers. it was the only crashers series I liked and it was mainly because of Amhed personality. He was genuine, not stiff, silly or phoney like some other crasher hosts tend to be. Oh well, I wish I had taped his shows…no more crasher shows for me.

95. Dervin Grice said,

on April 22nd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I can’t believe that this has happened to the best host that DIY had! He started the crash rage! I paid the extra money to Direct TV for one reason and one reason only! Yard Crashers! I often wished that I would walk into Menards in Bolingbrook and run into him and bring him home to completely transform my yard! I am calling Direct TV and lowering my package because of this change by the DIY Network! I did not like the new host on this years Blog Cabin and I gave this years YC about 4 mins and that was enough for me. We all love Ahmed, bring him back! This is just a mess! If this is not possible, a statement must be made, so that his fans understand what the …. happened here!

96. Ed O. said,

on April 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Ahmed is the only crasher i will ever watch. DIY has to make a statment on this snafu the fan demands it!

97. deeceetalkalot said,

on April 24th, 2012 at 11:26 am

What horror… what a disappointment… it’s awful!!! No disrespect to Matt, but he’s NO AHMED HASSAN..nor will he ever be!! Matt doesn’t have the personality nor the “it factor”… DirectV gave us a FREE PREVIEW this week that included the DIY Network… I saw this new guy and right away it turned my stomach!!! I asked myself, “Where is Ahmed???” :-( Why isn’t he going through the garden centers looking for a Yard Crasher target???? Well, the new host (Matt) can forget it… I don’t like Yard Crashers!!!!

And I’m sure other viewers will share my opinion as well. And tell that new host to STOP ATTEMPTING to bring any “fake humor” and excitement to the Yard Crashers show… He’s failing miserably!!!

98. Lynn Stevens said,

on April 24th, 2012 at 11:51 am

I’m done with Yard Crashers. You blew it DYI when you lost Ahmed. Now seems like a 1/2 hour commercial, host plugging Scott’s, Miracle grow, etc. no more watching for hubby and I on Sat mornings. Why mess with something that works?

99. Virginia said,

on April 24th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

That’s HGTV for you. They take the shows and hosts their viewers like and either come up with things like “million dollars rooms” – like any of their viewers can afford a million dollar room or change hosts, like TRYING to replace Ahmed -bad move! and think they will keep viewers.
    I have my own opinion as to what they are trying to do but will keep it to myself because of this sites rules. So now I will not be watching on weekends but going out and doing what I learned from the Great hosts/shows they have replaced or discontinued with nothing but fluff!!!

100. Brad said,

on April 25th, 2012 at 7:47 am

Another disappointed fan. I hope it was Ahmed’s decision. I really hope there is another show in the works for him. I have grown to like Josh (house crashers) but Ahmed was definitely the best. Never really cared for any of the other crashers.

101. PAULA said,

on April 25th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I was not happy to see Ahmed was no longer with Yard Crashers! Obviously, it was nothing like Property Virgins, because they announced the new hostess, Egypt Sherrod. So to me, it appeared Sandra’s leaving was a mutually respectful departure.

Like some others said, Ahmed’s leaving was not on good terms. This is obvious. I did not like what I saw with the new host– no disrespect, I wish him well… but, just in the commercials alone, something wasn’t right. Oh well, one less show I have to keep up with on my DVR….

102. on April 26th, 2012 at 7:30 am

DIY you blow it, there is no replacement for Ahmed. He’s the best ever. I will not be watching Yard Crashers if Ahmed is not the host. Bad move DIY!

103. shirley said,

on April 26th, 2012 at 7:46 am

You blew it DIY. Ahmed can’t be replaced by that Matt guy. He is boring, has no personality, not funny and a fake. Matt Blashaw was bad on the bog cabin show. I’m done with DIY and Crashers.

104. Erik Barlow said,

on April 28th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I have not watched either show since Ahmed hasn’t been on them. Wanted to find out what was up? The only way I’m going to give it a chance is if I find out Ahmed got a better deal for himself doing something else. Hope to see him in the future..

105. Althea Knox said,

on May 1st, 2012 at 11:25 am

You guys really messed up. I turned to Yard Crashers last night only to find Ahmed was not on. I was so disappointed, I turned to another channel. Please get him back!!! Just like others have commented, he has a great smile, great personality, and just a overall great host.

106. Felecia said,

on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:51 am

I agree with everyone Ahmed is what got me to watch DIY Crashers shows. Now I am not so sure if I want to continue. The new host is a little boring to me.

107. Tammi said,

on May 2nd, 2012 at 4:58 pm

will not be watching Yard Crashers without Ahmed…the BEST eye candy around!! YUM-O!

108. Jim Donald said,

on May 5th, 2012 at 7:07 am

The funny/ironic thing about all this is that HGTV/DIY has no problem at all showing Ahmed in repeats of Yard Crashers.

109. bothlaw said,

on May 5th, 2012 at 11:54 am

This is a perfect example of how executive managment don’t care of their fans, nor respect them enough to be informed properly. While our household is sadden of the situation, we’re taking solace in knowing that the best revenge is living well–HGTV/DIY’s loss will somebody else’s gain and he will only continue to flourish and excell. Godspeed Ahmed…we’ll be looking for you on your next great venture on someonther network!

110. Chris said,

on May 6th, 2012 at 8:15 am

I just turned on Yard Crashers and saw that they had a new Host. I was very disappointed to see that Ahmed was not there anymore. I only had it on for a few minutes to check the date and was hoping that it was a very old episode and that was the reason that Ahmed wasn’t there, but the date was from April of 2012. Even from watching for a few minutes I noticed that the new host has ZERO charisma and personality compared to Ahmed. I’m sure he is a nice guy but he is not even remotely close to being as engaging and entertaining as Ahmed. If Ahmed was replaced by some corporate Big Wig and forced out, they are out of touch with reality and have no idea that the reason people watched was to see Ahmed with his knowledge, sense of humor and personality. This show will surely fail. I will no longer watch. Good luck to Ahmed in whatever you do.

111. Jeff Saslaw said,

on May 6th, 2012 at 8:48 am

I think some sort of an explanation is owed to all the fans of Ahmed.By having no comment is not really going to make the matter disapear.isp

112. J. Parsons said,

on May 8th, 2012 at 11:02 am

No more Ahmed? No more Yard Crashers!

113. J Huerta said,

on May 12th, 2012 at 3:37 pm

There is a petition to bring Ahmed back to Yard Crashers. Go to the following website to sign: http://www.change.org/petitions/diy-network-bring-ahmed-hassan-back-to-yard-crashers-or-support-him-in-another-show

114. s thomas said,

on May 13th, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I miss Ahmed!!!!!!!!!!!! He is soooo good that I got my 33 year old sport crazy son to watch him. I live in an apartment and I love his ideas so that when I get my own place I can use them. Yeah Ahmed, Booo HGTV!!!!!!!

115. Debbie P said,

on May 15th, 2012 at 6:52 am

I’m blown away that DIY isn’t listening to the fans of Yard Crashers! Ahmed “IS” Yard Crashers! Matt Blashaw is an ok host, BUT NOT FOR YARD CRASHERS…. he just doesn’t have the energy and charisma that Ahmed brought to the show. If it’s a money thing, then DIY needs to pay up!

116. Karen H. said,

on May 20th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Did anyone stop to think that Ahmed may have left the show on his own accord? He may have something bigger and better in the works!! Also, Ahmed had become HIGHLY recognizable…kinda takes the funny mistrusting element out of the show. Just a thought…I am giving the new guy a chance..so far, so good!! I will be looking forward to whatever Ahmed has next!! :-)

117. Bird said,

on May 24th, 2012 at 8:39 am

I just started watching Yard Crashers a few months ago to get ideas for my own backyard. I’m already tired of hearing Ahmed and his huge ego, trying to be “cool” all the time. He might be a good landscaper, but he is ANNOYING! The guy acts like he thinks he’s the coolest person to ever have a camera pointed at him. Confidence and humor, which the other “crasher” hosts clearly have, is a requirement for a show like YC, but Ahmed crosses the line into cockiness. I won’t miss him a bit.

118. Toni said,

on May 26th, 2012 at 5:48 am

I will miss Almed, and putting someone else in his place because he is a friend to someone, is not why we are watching the show. If you let him go, I am going to believe that God has a bigger plan for him, one that you have no control over.

119. Claudette said,

on May 26th, 2012 at 9:06 am

I miss Ahmed and will be glad to see him back on tv.
    Anyone that does not want to see him, I am sure him can live with that. He has more then skill he has personality.

120. RONDA MYERS said,

on May 26th, 2012 at 9:10 am

No Ahmed, no viewer….. terrible communication….you act like your viewers are not important…..calling cable company and getting the whole dang channel blocked from my system….you guys are awful….

121. Rochelle said,

on May 26th, 2012 at 11:07 am

Bad choice of replacing Armad. He made the crashers shows. All other hosts do not live up to his viewership. They all come in distant seconds. They are either too eager or not personable. Get wise to your viewers opinions and bring him back!!!

122. Claudette said,

on May 27th, 2012 at 5:37 am

my favorite host/contractors are Ahmed, Josh and Matt Muenster, in that order because that is how I got to know them. There is nothing wrong with Matt Blashaw, but how many shows is he going to be on before they find a fit for him. I did like Professional Grade, what happen to that show?

123. Brian Bahur said,

on May 28th, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I have always been a fan Ahmed Hassan’s. He has the personality which is perfect for the shows he host. I am a fan of Matt Blashaw as well but Ahmed did a way better job as host of Yard Crashers & Turf War. Matt was great on shows where he was a handyman type host. And forget the new host of Turf War, he just plain sucks! I used to Tivo Yard Crashers and Turf War, if I couldn’t.watch it. Now I may watch a episode of Yard Crashers here and there. And never watch Turf War anymore. DIY please bring back Ahmed!!

124. Tang said,

on May 29th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I will miss Ahmed. I had to find out myself to see if was true and it is. I have no interest in my yard, grass nor garden because I rent an apartment and that’s my landlord responsibility, buy I became a BIG FAN of yard crashers. Admed was fun too watch, I liked his style, taleny and may I add HE WAS EYE CANDY. I have no desire to watch the new host. Sorry I will not watch.

125. Laverne J said,

on June 3rd, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I miss Ahmed, I’ve been looking for him everywhere. I decided to goggle what happened to Ahmed of yard crashers and found this site. I will never watch yard crasher again. HGTV executives you getting away from why viewers watched you in the first place now this. Yard crashers has lost me as a fan and soon HGTV will loose me. Views want him back. We will not watch the new guy. He is not a landscaper contractor why try to pull the wool over our eyes.

126. Laverne J said,

on June 3rd, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I meant DIY. However HGTV you need to tighten up also. We want Ahmed back. Or do you care want your viewers want.

127. Laverne J said,

on June 3rd, 2012 at 10:46 pm

@ AFH DIY was very entertaining and educational. I learned a lot I became a DIYer It’s the way they did it no respect for their viewers not a word no disrepect to the new guy but Ahmed was awesome at what he did. This guy should stick to what he does best building

128. netta said,

on June 10th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Ahmed was a great person crashing people yard. And making it so wonderful i wish he would come to anderson sounth carolina to crash my yard. he has a great talent and use it well he will be miss there nobody like anmed

129. Mark said,

on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:30 pm

What happen to Ahmed, the original host of yard crashers? Why would DIY take off a host who made the show interesting and funny? This was one of two reasons for me watching DIY. I guess DIY don’t care about losing viewers.

130. Richard Vause said,

on July 7th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

my wife and I were big fans of yard crashers, the operative word here is “were”. Ahmed Hassan was the reason the show was so successful and entertaining. As usual, the coorporate talking heads are completely out of touch with the wants and desires of the viewers. Chances are they will never read this, but if they do one can only hope they learn to pay attention to the consumer.

131. Amanda said,

on July 8th, 2012 at 8:36 am

There is currently a petition to bring Ahmed back.

DIY better get their act together.

132. RG said,

on July 13th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

You really made a HUGE mistake. Ahmad was the Yard Crashers best. He was so creative and seemed to have so many designs that no one has ever seen before and he made it work. Matt is not at all to the level that Ahmad is. He’s just plain boring. Just stop the show all together; you’ve ruined it

133. laverne said,

on July 16th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Still waiting for Ahmed to return to yard crashers when will be back?

134. Melissa said,

on August 19th, 2012 at 8:41 am

Ahmed had style and his character was knowledgeable and funny. His approach was professional but not uncomfortable. And his plant knowledge was creative and stylish. I miss him and will not be watching anymore DIY programs because of the way they handled releasing Ahmed. They should have been more clear on his release. Maybe Ahmed wanted to return to his landscaping business full time, they just needed to say that. Pure disappointment!

135. Terry said,

on August 20th, 2012 at 11:30 am

Another HgTV blunder. The show has lost its zing without Ahmed. The new guy knows nothing about flowers, plants, trees. Another “dumbing down” if a previously informative program. Another “G” show down the tubes.

136. LeJardin said,

on August 23rd, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Ahmed is absolutely my favorite. Diy and HGTV continuously does this with hosts and shows and I believe to target younger markets. Paul James, Joe Washington, Tia Marlier comes to mind? Ahmed is young, cant figure out why he is gone unless it was his choice I am gone from Diy because of this. HGTV has some real ditz’s for hosts and the shows are redundant, such a disappointment and am ready to stop watching this as well. Management you are making some really stupid decisions.

137. Renee said,

on August 26th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I want Ahmed back! He had a very different personality that really fit the style of the show. I no longer record the show because the new host isn’t a quarter of the host Ahmed was. Very disappointing!

138. michelle said,

on August 27th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

i want ahmed back! he has the personality to host the show. why do they continue to put his name on shows and when you’re expecting to see him, it’s that other guy. so i turn to something else. he started the “crashers” and made it what it is today. you lost this viewer

139. Dorothy said,

on September 23rd, 2012 at 9:31 am

Ahmed made the show. I tuned in to see Ahmed and did not like the new show, it is not as exciting. I will not be watching any longer.

140. Karen said,

on October 12th, 2012 at 7:14 am

Why would you replace a real landscaper with a contractor for a show called yard crashers? Ahmed KNOWS about trees, flowers, plants, bushes, etc AND he can install a water feature, lay brick, build a shade fixture, etc. While matt is nice, hge KNOWS NOTHING about plant, trees, flowers, etc. I tried watching the show and you can tell the difference. Matt should stick with Contractors Grade and DIY should bring Ahmed back to Yard Crashers. I’ll go back to watching Yard Crasher when you do this.

141. barbara hinds said,

on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 am

Bring ahmed back or an explanation on why he left. There is nobody to lust over. What is a girl to do now?

142. Lisa Shonerd said,

on November 3rd, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I also have been boycotting Yard Crashers since Ahmed was removed. I agree with the assessment of Matt. Although he has been part of the HGTV family for a while, he is not a landscaper, but more of a ‘pretty face’ for TV. It seems that HGTV gauges the merit of their Hosts by appearance and HGTV’s sense of perception. It is a shame. I have been a nonstop loyal fan of HGTV/DIY for years, often dedicating many a weekend glued to the shows. There are still many programs that I still watch, but I have not watched Yard Crashers since Ahmed’s departure.

143. Skye said,

on January 22nd, 2013 at 8:29 pm

He’s doing our local Garden Show next weekend and billed as the star of Yard Crashers, which sounds like he is still affiliated with it. If I get to go and am able to talk to him, I’ll find out his status and what’s going on with him these days. Maybe he’s just taking a break doing these shows for awhile.

144. Marion said,

on January 26th, 2013 at 9:44 am

Skye, were able to speak to Ahmed and find out what he’s up to now days? I too, miss him on Yard Crashers. For me, there is no Yard Crashers without Ahmed.

145. connie said,

on February 7th, 2013 at 8:37 am

i stop watching yard crashers ahmed made the show.

146. Robbie said,

on February 16th, 2013 at 9:08 am

Lost a fan since Ahmed is gone. Get him back.

147. Bob said,

on March 6th, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Give us Ahmad and other people who know their stuff back! We could learn something from him. You replaced him with cheerleaders, not a people who can really show their competence and expertize….

148. Patrick said,

on March 9th, 2013 at 8:55 am

I just won’nt watch yard crashers with out Amed on it!.

149. Stacy said,

on May 1st, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Bring Ahmed back….PLEASE

150. Cheryl Briggs said,

on July 26th, 2013 at 7:08 am

July 26 2013

I really miss Ahmed. I don’t Yard Crashers anymore just no fun. Ahmed has such a great personality and smile, I really liked the show.
    Where is he now? I thought he would have a new show by now…….still waiting.

151. sharon said,

on July 30th, 2013 at 12:34 am

one year later and I still want Ahmed…I don’t enjoy watching the new guy Matt and I don’t watch the show.

152. Jorge Perez said,

on March 9th, 2014 at 1:40 am

My Name Jorge Perez,i was a faithful viewer of yard crashers when Ahmed Hosted the show it will never be the same without him on T.V when I turn it on,don’t get me wrong I still watch the show cause I love seeing beautiful back yards.Ahmed ur the king of back yard makeovers.

153. Jorge Perez said,

on March 9th, 2014 at 1:45 am

Jorge Perez,Ahmed if you are thinking of making over a back yard I would love to volunteer my Grandfather’s back yard. please help.

154. on April 27th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I only watch Yard Crashers because of Ahmed. I have tried watching the new host but find the show lacking in character. I no longer watch Yard Crashers and have no intentions of returning as a viewer (unless Ahmed returns). There are only a couple of other shows that I watch on HGTV and should you begin replacing the host, I’ll replace watching HGTV altogether.

155. Anonymous said,

on June 14th, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Me and my company done and episode this season. Word is Ahmed got to drinking with the home owners of an episode at an after party and was hitting on the home owners wife kinda thing. Just word in the grapevine. P.S. That matt guy is a real cool down to earth guy! He was fun to work with.