Dancing with the Stars 2014 Results Tonight Prompts Elimination

Who Got Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars Tonight? Live DWTS Results Tonight

Applebees Veterans Day 2011 Free Meal Continues Annual Tradition

Posted: November 9th, 2011 in Free, Holidays by LALATE

Applebees Veterans Day 2011 Free Meal Continues Annual Tradition

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – The Applebees Veterans Day 2011 free meal continues an annual tradition Friday. Applebees and Veterans Days free meals have become a national sensation every year. This Friday November 11, 2011 Applebees continues the tradition, it confirms to news this week.

In a news statement, Applebees says “Veterans and Active Duty Military enjoy a free Applebee’s Signature Entree on Friday November 11.” Six entries have been released in this year’s Veterans celebration. Applebees tells news “Please join Applebee’s in celebrating our Veterans and Active Duty Military. Take a look at our Vets Day Menu to view all of the wonderful selections available.”

The restaurant chain calls it also the “Thank You Movement. “Get ready by joining over 703,000 others in the Thank You Movement.” Applebees is using Facebook to continue the movement this year.

On its Facebook account (facebook.com/applebees) the chain has a store location map to assist you to find the nearest restaurant. “How many Vets or Active Duty Military do you know? Please share with them that we are honoring our Nation’s Heroes on Vets Day with a free meal. We would love to see them and personally say Thank You.”

There are locations across Southern California. They include Azusa, Glendale, Temple City, Norwalk, Alhambra, and Bell Gardens. For more on Veterans Day, click HERE.

Free, Holidays

8 Responses to 'Applebees Veterans Day 2011 Free Meal Continues Annual Tradition'

1. scott finger said,

on November 10th, 2011 at 8:06 pm

what a wonderful thing thanks apple bees for all your going to do for are awsome vets god bless to all the vets in america and enoy your meal you sure deserve it wish there where more restuarants that did the same

2. on November 11th, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I was at the Murrells Inlet, SC Applebees this morning for lunch with a friend – both of us veterans. The owner or manager, Mr. Carpenter, was at the door and when I said I was a veteran he asked for ID. Not having any military ID with me (served in the ’60s) he refused me the veteran’s free meal. I know for certain that not everyone in the restaurant receiving the free meal had valid military ID. The person with me was wearing a vest with Cold War and Vietnam sewn on decals was not asked for any other ID. Anyone could have bought that vest on-line if they wanted. I feel this selective discrimination – and by someone most probably not a veteran themselves – was deplorable and uncalled for. I served my country willingly and feel the right to receive the same benefits of any other veteran. Several people regularly working at this restaurant know me and know me as a veteran. My DD214 is in a safe place. I don’t see the need to carry it with me. Why should I be discriminated against. I could have gone elsewhere, however chose Applebee’s for my lunch which didn’t happen. I did not eat as I didn’t feel it right for me to pay while my fellow veterans were eating for free. Guess I better go on-line and buy a cap or something for next year’s Veteran’s Day lunch.

3. SFC Christopher Downs said,

on November 11th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Thank you for the recognition on this day set aside for veterans. I am an Iraqi Veteran, Husband to a wonderful supportive wife, and father of two. Preston (5 yr old), Nelson (2 yr old) enjoyed our lunch at our local Applebee’s here in Oxford, Mississippi. The restaurant was packed full of veterans celebrating the day and being waited on a great group (James, Megan, Tammy). Again thank you for what you did for all the veterans today!!

4. Jack Groshans said,

on November 11th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Well..I have several copies of my DD214 in my file.
    What is the big deal…just show ot to them …shut up and enjoy a FREE meal of THANKS…this is not rocket science..I served in VietNam….I appreciate the fact that vets are thanked in this manner

5. Gary Cook said,

on November 11th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

THANKS for the Vet “Meal” OFFER. Sorry I ordered
    the Three Cheese/Chicken,- nothing but a big bowl of
    doghy noodles. Luckily I can go to Golden Coral on
    Monday. I’ll let others know.

6. Travis said,

on November 11th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Richard Field, let me first say thanks for your service, as I am a veteran myself. But I have to agree with you. Applebees offers this mean on their own accord, they don’t have to do it. So you sitting here complaining about how you didn’t follow their policies is ridiculous. All you have to do is make a copy. Sounds to me that you think things should be just handed to you for your service. And if you think that then that is just sad my friend.

7. Mike K. said,

on November 12th, 2011 at 5:58 am

I went to applebees in Wisconsin Dells. I have hip and back problems so it bothers me to sit in a booth or on wooden chairs. So I asked if I could get my free meal to go and was turned down. All it said was they give a free meal to Vets on Veterans day, nothing about whether it was take out or inside only. I feel I was cheated because of it.

8. james flinchum said,

on November 12th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Had dinner with a lifelong friend at the Budd Lake N.J. Applebys…He, like me, was a Viet Nam vet. The staff could not have been nicer. Many came over to us and thanked us for our service. Our thanks go out to Applebys for this tribute to veterans…thank you

You must be logged in to post a comment.