SANTA MONICA (LALATE) – A second earthquake has hit Los Angeles today moments ago. The latest earthquake was felt in Santa Monica, Malibu, Brentwood, Venice Beach, and Marina Del Rey, and was centered near Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Playa Del Rey, just off the coast in the Santa Monica Bay.
As broke earlier today on LALATE, West Los Angeles residents felt a sharp earthquake this morning at 2:17 am PST registering 3.5 magnitude. Now a 3.7 earthquake has struck at 4:59 PM PST centered close to this morning’s earthquake. Here again are maps of the earthquake this morning.
Current USGS data as of this 5 PM earthquake is the following:
* Monday, June 07, 2010 at 23:59:27 UTC
* Monday, June 07, 2010 at 04:59:27 PM at epicenter
Location 33.864°N, 118.473°W
Depth 11 km (6.8 miles)
Region SANTA MONICA BAY, CALIFORNIA
* 7 km (4 miles) W (268°) from Hermosa Beach, CA
* 7 km (4 miles) WSW (246°) from Manhattan Beach, CA
* 9 km (6 miles) SW (224°) from El Segundo, CA
* 13 km (8 miles) WNW (285°) from Torrance, CA
* 30 km (18 miles) SW (225°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles); depth +/- 1
Earthquake, Los Angeles