TEMBLOR! News of a Terremoto en Puerto Rico hoy. The Terremoto en Puerto Rico was closest to Moca, Aceitunas, and Hato Arriba. The temblor was nearly 100 miles from San Juan. On April 17, 2010, however, San Juan was struck by a significant quake.
Original Story Below:
Here is the latest.
Just weeks ago, San Juan hosted los Premios Billboard 2010. Chayanne said the event was significant to the improved future for San Juan.
“We’ll try to be the best hosts so that artists, as well as the industry and the media alike feel right at home in Puerto Rico. We want to present a show like no other, in tune with the music we represent.”
Myriam Hernandez added:
“In my career, Puerto Rico and Billboard have been two very important pillars; now for the first time they join in the production of such prestigious awards for Latin music”.
USGS data show the temblor data as the following:
* Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 05:16:10 UTC
* Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 01:16:10 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 18.400°N, 67.070°W
Depth 113 km (70.2 miles)
Region PUERTO RICO
* 5 km (3 miles) E (82°) from Moca, PR
* 5 km (3 miles) S (184°) from Aceitunas, PR
* 7 km (4 miles) NW (323°) from Hato Arriba, PR
* 10 km (6 miles) ESE (113°) from Aguadilla, PR
* 64 km (40 miles) NW (312°) from Ponce, PR
* 107 km (66 miles) W (269°) from San Juan, PR
For continuing coverage of this and other possible earthquakes, click here: http://news.lalate.com/category/earthquake.