MAPS! An earthquake has hit Imperial, California near El Centro. The Imperial California El Centro earthquake comes after a Baja Earthquake moments before.
Here is the latest.
At 3:40 PM PSt, a 6.9 earthquake struck Baja California. As reported earlier on LALATE, that 6.9 was centered near Guadalupe Victoria, Mexico. Then 20 minutes later, a 4.5 earthquake struck 18 miles from Jacumba Hot Springs, CA. Less than 5 minutes later, a 5.1 earthquake hit Imperial California. Here are maps of the first Baja 6.9 quake:
USGS data on the Imperial Earthquake is the following:
* Sunday, April 04, 2010 at 23:15:20 UTC
* Sunday, April 04, 2010 at 04:15:20 PM at epicenter
Location 32.839°N, 115.585°W
Depth 16.9 km (10.5 miles)
Region SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
* 1 km (1 miles) WSW (250°) from Imperial, CA
* 6 km (4 miles) NNW (336°) from El Centro, CA
* 11 km (7 miles) ENE (62°) from Seeley, CA
* 16 km (10 miles) SSW (197°) from Brawley, CA
* 139 km (86 miles) ENE (75°) from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
For continuing coverage of this and other earthquakes on LALATE click here: http://news.lalate.com/category/earthquake.