Dancing with the Stars 2014 Results Tonight Prompts Elimination

Who Got Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars Tonight? Live DWTS Results Tonight

The Rev A7X DEAD – A7X Drummer Dies – Autopsy Coroner’s Report

Posted: December 29th, 2009 in Los Angeles by LALATE

The Rev a7x DEAD a7x Drummer Dies Autopsy Coroner's Report

The Rev of A7X is dead at age 28. The Rev, A7X’s famed drummer, has died, cause of death pending an autopsy by the local coroner.

Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo tells the Orange County Register an autopsy by the Orange County Coroner’s Office is scheduled. But Domingo tells the Register he believes The Rev of A7X died of natural causes.

Late Monday night, LALATE first broke the shocking details, famed heavy metal musician James Owen Sullivan, aka Jimmy Sullivan or The Rev, had died at his home in Huntington Beach at age 28. Now over 8 hours later, the news still seems hard to believe.

How big is A7X? Just look back at who the group beat out in 2006. In 2006, A7x won “Best New Artist” at MTV’s Video Music Awards, beating out Rihanna and Chris Brown.

A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) was co founded by Sullivan in 1999, went to number 4 in 2007.

City of Evil put the band on the map, A7X’s third album but first major label release. The album debuted on Billboard at 30. Single Bat Country went to #2 on Billboard’s Rock chart and #1 on TRL. The album was named by Guitar World #63 on 100 Greatest Guitar Albums of All-Time.

The Rev Jimmy Sullivan Pictures
The Rev Photo 1
The Rev Photo 2
The Rev Photo 3
The Rev Photo 4
The Rev Photo 5

The band played Ozzfest tour in 2006 and was in the studio working on a 3rd album.

Sullivan is survived by wife Leana MacFadden aka Leana Silver.

Notable songs that Jimmy Sullivan sang on for Avenged Sevenfold included “A Little Piece of Heaven”, “Brompton Cocktail”, “Gunslinger”, “Lost”, “Afterlife”, and “Almost Easy”. Sullivan was also drummer with Suburban Legends.

The band confirmed his death Monday night:

“It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy ‘The Rev’ Sullivan.

“Jimmy was not only one of the world’s best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy’s family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time. Jimmy you are forever in our hearts. We love you.”

Funeral arrangements have not been announced. The Rev will be greatly missed. Send your love.

Los Angeles

47 Responses to 'The Rev A7X DEAD – A7X Drummer Dies – Autopsy Coroner’s Report'

1. Ruth said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:23 am

It really is sad, i could hardly believe it when i found out, just over half an hour ago. We love you Jimmy <3 the band won’t be the same without you you were truly talented.

2. Alondra said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:49 am

OMG i still can’t believe that he actually died. I just found out at 3:00 am cuz one of my friends called me and she told me, ”Hey Jimmy Sullivan died” I was super shocked and still am and well i just wanted to say that i LOVE that band and Jimmy is always gonna be in my heart because he was the best. R.I.P Jimmy Sullivan i know you are gonna be better in heaven

3. Alexa said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:55 am

Wow, that’s horrible. He was so young. And to think, I just bought my first Avenged CD yesterday. I was just starting to get really into him and the band and then this…. wow. RIP Jimmy

4. LALATE said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:58 am

LALATE – The Rev A7X DEAD – A7X Drummer Dies – Autopsy Coroner’s Report http://bit.ly/75wWHB

5. Robert said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:59 am

I am a soldier in Iraq & every single day I listen to the music that he helped form in A7X, I am truely thankfull he had accomplished so much for us to hold on to, altho he is gone we will be strong with what he has left for us. God bless you Rev.

R.I.P you were an inspiration to us all

6. chelle said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 9:54 am

omg! this is sooo horrible, he was such a good drummer for a7x!!!
    everyone will miss you Jimmy Sullivan (the rev)

Rip!

7. Dee said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:01 am

In utter shock! I can’t believe it. What a horrible day for all of us fans and his family and friends. May he rest in peace. He will be missed…

8. Red said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:12 am

why him???? why now??? and coz of natural causes?
    he’s not that old… is this a Fuc*** rumor?

9. Mike Martin said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:13 am

The Rev A7X DEAD – A7X Drummer Dies – Autopsy Coroner's Report http://bit.ly/4L6iEn

10. Lyndsey said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:22 am

Their music and lyrics are inspirational at any moment in time. They are true artist because they capture the essence of every moment they lived for. Jimmy was an amazing drummer. He had the most unique ways for creating a beat. God just needed a angel up there to help him out. a7x is love foreeeverrrr

11. tom morris said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:25 am

the passin of the rev is a great sadness i had the chance to see him and his bandmates at sonisphere and they were rocking things wont be the same without him there
    REST IN PEACE JIMMY

12. john said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:27 am

got to do a line with him in tampa florida. my friend workerd the lighting crew for their tour and when they came to town i went to see my friend who ended up being friends with rev.he laid out a 6 inch gagger rip for each of us!!cool guy!!

13. Raelyn said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:32 am

REST IN PEACE JIMMY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! Music will never be the same, I am still so shocked….

14. Vaseem said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 10:33 am

I am just in complete shock. He was my fav drummer and my inspiration for being the drummer I am now. He will be missed greatly. We love ya Rev, hope you are in a better Afterlife now. Bless.

15. CHRIS said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 11:53 am

I SAW A7X-IN LA—–and they were–sick–RIP-REV-
    A7X–WILL NEVER SOUND THE SAME–SO–FOR THE GREAT SONG AND BEATS–YOU MADE-THANX–

16. Lindsay said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 12:02 pm

My mom and I were just taking about when we saw A7x in Rochester, for the Taste of Chaos. When she told me the news i didnt beleive it. Jimmy, one of the BEST drummers by far, you will be miss. Rest In Peace.

17. Elena said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 12:28 pm

goosebumps, man. :( The Rev is irreplaceable……

18. Anthony said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

OMG,this is horrible dude jimmy sullivan dead not cool.but i know you are in god’s hands know will miss you Jimmy!!!! R.I.P

19. Marilyn said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 1:11 pm

This is not a rumour. The A7X website declared The Rev’s passing. Here is a link–> http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/jimmy-rev-sullivan
    I am IN F%*KEN SHOCK! I’ve LOVED and worshiped this band since their first album ‘Sounding the Seventh Trumpet.” This is just mind-blowing because Jimmy was only 28, some say he died of natural causes. AT 28! somthing’s definately wrong here. I love you Jimmy! I know that we A7X fans will get thru this. Best wishes to the band, Jimmy’s friends and family. oxox

20. Matt Strukoff said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Heart broken!… my idol is dead!

21. Dustin Sharpe said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 1:38 pm

“Loved ones back home are already missing you, I pray by the grace of god that somebody is listening.” May you find your own little piece of heaven. You will forever be missed….. A great drummer and an amazing man. For Jimmy (The Rev) Sullivan

22. Mikaela said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Wow. I can’t believe he died. Avenged sevenfold won’t be the same.

23. Kapitanluffy said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

RIP mr. jimmy

24. Shanice said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I just can’t believe it. My heart and prayers go out to the band and his wife. He will forever live on in the hearts of all A7x fans…

25. ben crook said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 5:01 pm

avenged sevenfold inspired me to become a musican. although i am a guitarist the rev was a huge insparation :’( he will live on forever in the people he inspired with A7X

26. Christie said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I could not sleep last night. Its all I bee literally thinking about all day. I am having a hard time beleaving it Its probably going to take me a really long time to accept it. RIP Rev

27. Taylor said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Wow. This sucks. I just started to get into A7X too…..wow…..R.I.P. man, Heaven’s better for all of us.

28. TheKev said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Heres a story, read it if you care…

In school i studied guitar and xylophone but my love for A7X grew and grew until i had to say * xylo bring on the drums. I have been playing for 4 months and have reached an incredible level for those of you in the know, I am studying at grade 9-10 level.

The Reason im saying this is, He was my motivation, not the instrument in general, Him. His Playing helped mine grow and i know i wouldnt have got anywher like i have if it wasnt for him.

“One day im just gonna get off the bus, and im gonna run and never come back. And when i come back…”

A7X wont be the same. No one will replace you
    R.I.P Jimmy

29. abi said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 11:38 pm

o my gosh the rev rocked my world im like about to cry right now

30. Ardi said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 12:35 am

oh my God, the rev …..no one will place you

i want to cry now…..

31. Nancy said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 12:36 am

The Rev was absolutely no doubt one of the best drummers out there today.. He could never be replaced… I love this band.. They’re my favorite band.. And Rev was my favorite out of the band… I even did a report about him back when I was in 7th grade… Everyone loves and misses you Rev.. Rock on from the other side… You will be greatly missed by everyone <3

32. bagaz said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 12:55 am

i still cant believe it,the rev my inspiration to be drumer,has passed away..
    A7X wont be the same if the there is no you..
    Thanks master!
    Now i can play drum almost same as like you.
    I hope you better in the afterlife.
    Now,you belong there.
    You always there in my heart!
    R.I.P james jimmy owen sullivan or the reverend.
    God bless you rev.

33. roy said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 1:12 am

ohh… my god…
    i dont believe this fuckin’ news..
    the rev is dead.. so am i…

i’m crying 4 u..
    R.I.P brother…
    we love so much…
    the reverend always in our hearts..
    ;’(

34. miftahul ulum said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 1:17 am

I am a huge fan of A7X so sorry for the death of our best drummers the revI am a huge fan of A7X so sorry for the death of our best.
    I LOVE U …..

35. miftahul ulum said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 1:18 am

I am a huge fan of A7X so sorry for the death of our best drummers the revI am a huge fan of A7X so sorry for the death of our best………
    I LOVE A7X

36. miftahul ulum said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 1:21 am

I am a huge fan of A7X so sorry for the death of aur best drummers THE REV

37. Forrest Culviner said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 3:20 am

Dear Rev, hope your afterlife is awesome. We are decideing to learn your best song as a tribute to your unfortunate death. California has lost its best drummer known to man. Heavy hearts and heavy souls pray for you for u were a god.
    from, [May The Fallen Rise]

38. Gabby said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 6:16 am

I really can’t believe this. I can’t stop thinking about it since I heard he died. He will forever be the best drummer ever. R.I.P the Rev, I will never forget you <3

39. Kyle said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 11:16 am

When I started playing drums, about 5 years ago, Jimmy Sullivan was practically my biggest inspiration. Him and Avenged Sevenfold were two of the strongest reasons for why I got into metal back in that day. I will never forget how this God has influenced me as I progress forward into the music scene. Like almost all Avenged fans, I have been paying my respects in the biggest ways possible like listening the their albums; especially Waking the Fallen which opened my mined and eyes as a drummer, and wearing Avenged band memorabilia in mourning of Jimmy “the Rev” Sullivan. May everyone do the same and tips their hats to this many who deserves more than what the world of A7X fans can offer him… but we sure as h-ll can and will try! …God Bless You Jimmy, And May You Forever Rest In Peace. We Love You Brother.

40. Jenn said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 11:24 am

I couldnt belive it when i first read it on deathbatnews.com i was brought to tears.you will be greatly missed and never forgotten…always in my heart

41. Kylie Deans said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I cry every day. Rest in peace Jimmy? I love you. Avenged Sevenfold will never be the same.
    I will continue to cry until everybody can move on.
    ? I love you lots. ?

42. Dyne Vaine said,

on January 9th, 2010 at 3:51 am

sad to hear he gone R.I.P i guess the song afterlife came into play eariler they he wanted it to R.I.P 4ever

43. Aulia said,

on January 11th, 2010 at 10:32 pm

_,i luv u..
    .so much!!!!!_,

44. cameron said,

on January 27th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

u were my biggest insperation i still cant get over ur death all will miss u r.i.p rev

45. ery' christ said,

on February 6th, 2010 at 1:17 am

d.rev you are the best

46. Autumn Whitaker said,

on March 19th, 2010 at 9:15 am

A7X is one of the best bands that ever hit this fucked up world but without THE REV i doubt that band will have the great sound the once had. The drummer is always the heart of the band, its a fact. THE REV made that band into something no other band could sound like.he will be well missed dearly andd remained loved by billions of people like myself. to A7X- KEEP JIMMY ALIVE IN ALL OF OUR HEARTS MAKE THE MUSIC HE WOULD BE PROUD OF..god bless yall…ROCK ON A7X!!!!!! RIP THE REV<3

47. Andy said,

on July 18th, 2010 at 9:23 am

i still can’t belve..,dt my Icon has died………..

You must be logged in to post a comment.