Darren Wilson Ferguson Police Officer | Michael Brown | Dorian Johnson | & the Convenience Store Videotape

Darren Wilson of St Louis, MO | The Ferguson Shooting of Michael Brown | The Alleged Strong Armed Robbery

NFL Football Score Results - Live Preseason NFL Games, Schools, Channels and More

NFL Football Live Score Results | Plus Countdown to NCAA College Football Score Rankings, Results

Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Hull City, Everton and More EPL Table Results 2014-15 Season

What Happened to Chris Cuomo?

Posted: December 14th, 2009 in CHRIS CUOMO by LALATE

What Happened to Chris Cuomo

What happened to Chris Cuomo? Fans of Chris Cuomo on GMA are asking Monday what happened, where is he?

On GMA Monday, gone was Cuomo, arrived was George Stephanopoulos. What happened?

Here’s the recap.

Stephanopoulos joins GMA after 7 years hosting THIS WEEK on Sunday. Chris Cuomo is now moving to primetime as the new host of ABC’s 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas.

That’s after 20/20’s John Stossel moved to FOX.

Diane Sawyer is out at GMA. Her new gig is host of ABC World News, formerly hosted by Charles Gibson.

CHRIS CUOMO

39 Responses to 'What Happened to Chris Cuomo?'

1. Janet Griffin said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 10:50 am

Good luck to Chris, as well as Diane Swayer. I had not caught that he was leaving. Wondered why so many new people joining the team. Now I know. Liked the old blend, but life is full of adjustments, another new adventure for everyone.

2. Karen Hanley said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Diane and Chris will be missed.
    George is a jerk ….I have watched GMA forever, but now
    it has lost the best and gained
    the worst.

3. tony christiano said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I agree that George is and jerk and should stay on his Sunday show. He does not have the person of chris cuomo. BIG MISTAKE TO LET CHRIS GO.

4. berna nevels said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I wish Diane the best I think she will do a great job. On the other hand I was very shocked to learn of ABC’s decision to move Chris he was great as a member of the morning team. I guess Tiger’s news coverage was the reason we didn’t hear much about Chris leaving. Welcome George I love your informative potilical views I look forward to you offering us your new balance.

5. Tina Morgan said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Chris should have been given the hosting seat. He has personality plus…he’s loose, up beat and very handsome. Taking Chris off the ABC morning show, is like when Katy Curic & Matt Lauer split. It was never the same. ABC made a huge mistake. George is great…at uptight politics, he should have stuck to that. Maybe they should have hired his wife…she is a hoot! I left Matt Lauer when Merideth came on board, she’s scheduled to leave, and I will return to NBC. George is just too uptight. You want someone with a scence of humor, to break they ice of awful news.
    I’ll follow Chris to 20/20.

6. Elyse said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 7:33 pm

All the fanfare over Diane leaving and not a word about Chris until the last day when he gave his seat up. I am so disappointed he didnt take Diane’s place. Unless of course, he didnt want it. A fuss should have been made over his departure also as he was an integral and enjoyable part of the team. Good luck Chris!

7. maureen mancuso said,

on December 14th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I will miss Chris and feel very sad that no fan fare was made over him leaving. I wish he had taken Diane’s place but i like George also. Good luck Chris, u have a great personality.

8. Cheryl said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 9:29 am

We already miss Chris, but look forward to seeing him on 20/20 or wherever he lands.
    Sorry there was no fan fair for his departure on GMA, very disappointing.

9. Felicia said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Where did Chris Cuomo go? This mornings show is horrible.. Bring Chris back.. He had the personality I want to watch. George needs to be on nightly news not upbeat morning news.. I am not watching GMA anymore.

10. Jan said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 11:28 am

I will miss Chris – I would rather see him everyday than once a week. He didn’t soft pedal tough issues as much as most of the “news” people – like George S. YUK – I don’t like GMA’s new set-up. As usual most program producers are out of touch with the public.

11. Jeff said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 7:47 pm

My wife got me to start watching GMA. Robin, Sam, Chris, and Diane made a great team. I never felt that they lean to one side or the other, just fair. Diane will be missed and now that Chris is leaving, the show does not have the right mix. George S needs to stick to politics. I will not watch GMA any longer. Instead I will turn to Fox and Friends, where it is fair and just.

12. GLORIA GRIFFIN said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I was disappointed to learn the last day that Chris Cuomo was leaving GMA, Why was he not offered Diane Sawyer’s slot. Unlike George S., he is excellent, professional and has a warm personality. George on the other hand is snooty, uptight and self serving and biased. I think the executors of ABC made a HUGE, HUGE mistake. I don’t like the format and will not watch GMA on a daily bases as I did in the past.

13. cole said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 8:34 am

Chris will do well on 20/20, but GMA will loose it’s most popular ratings….George is and always will be very political..very up tight and not a morning show host that people want to hear first thing while getting ready for their day.

Chris is very special and should host his own show!!!

14. Loretta Janelis said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 10:04 am

Big fanfare for Diane. Nothing for Chris. Big BooBoo! Loved interaction between Robin, Sam, Chris, Diane. Show is not the same. Bring Chris back! Robin with three guys would be great! George is OK, just bring Chris back, if he so chooses.

15. Tammy Easley said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 11:48 am

I have worked in the media for years and have been loyal to GMA from as long as I can remember. Growing up my parents had it on while I was getting dress to go to school and I carried this tradition with me until now. I ask myself if GMA knows their audience. This will never work, George is a political reporter with his own views. He is not someone you want to have your morning coffee while watching. He is one of the stiffest personalities and I use that word cautiously, ever. He will not be able to hold the attention of your typical morning person who is looking for energy which is what Robin, Sam and Chris delivered. I am sure if you looked a little longer you could have found someone that would have blended well with the three of them. I know Diane is hard to beat but George will and has cost you alot of viewers. Please send him back to political news, that is all he is interested in anyways. The interview he did with the young ladies father who is missing from Colorado was hard to watch and even harder I am sure for the father. Shame on GMA for not using Robin for such a big assignment! Good luck with your decission but your viewers want Chris back.

16. Susan Browning said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Whateverintheworld have you done!!!!! Chris Cuomo was made for Diane’s slot on GMA. Hopefully, he’s not in it as a result of his own decision. If not…..Big Mistake, ABC…Very Big Mistake!

17. K Freeman said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 9:55 pm

Bring Chris back Good luck Dianne.

18. Brandis said,

on December 17th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I will miss Chris, but good ridance to John Stossel! I hated that guy- obnoxious! I love George, but I’m afraid the comments will be right. He is a little serious. Maybe AM TV will help him loosen up? I hope so. But I’m a little sad to not see Chris’s lovely face and upbeat attitude every morning:(

19. O Gutierrez said,

on December 17th, 2009 at 7:06 pm

I miss Chris…I agree…George is too serious and he should stick to politics. GMA is not the same and I will not be watching. Chris should have been offered Diane’s chair.

20. Becky said,

on December 17th, 2009 at 7:53 pm

I can’t think of a worse choice for GMA> What are they thinking? Chris Cuomo was the best.

21. Cathy said,

on December 17th, 2009 at 9:27 pm

George S. is a pompous jerk. I miss Chris.

22. Lisa said,

on December 18th, 2009 at 7:41 am

I was sad to hear that Diane was leaving, but was happy that she was chosen to take Charlie Gibson’s position. I assumed that Chris would take her position and that possibly Kate Snow or Bill Weir from the weekend GMA show would take Chris’s position. Ah, I forgot…never assume.
    The interaction between Chris Cuomo and Sam Champion can not be replaced. I believe Chris helped Sam appear grounded. It was their interaction that gave a “lightness” to the show. It was Chris who helped the show have a home like feel to it. You’re not going to get that with George Stephanopolis. He’s to uptight. – and who is the other anchor? JuJu Chang – What hat did they pull her out of? I’ve seen her on small segments, she’s nothing great, doesn’t warrant a morning audience. Well good luck GMA on your choices.
    I wish Chris the best with 20/20 and in any endeavor he chooses to take. – He’ll make it, he has the personality. I wish Diane luck with her nightly show.
    I hope that Robin and Sam can save GMA. It will be a big and mostly unwanted/unnecessary task for them.
    Good luck all. – I’ll occasionally be watching.

23. Chuck Davis said,

on December 18th, 2009 at 8:29 am

I mirror many of the other comments. I often said to my wife how much I appreciated Chris with his fair appraisal and comments on difficult issues. Even though I don’t think he shares my conservative views, he was open and entered into fair discussion and didn’t take part in character assassination of those he disagreed with, he will be missed. I like George but he is the wrong choice for this program.

24. Keely said,

on December 18th, 2009 at 9:42 am

I was sad when Charlie left, sad when Diane left and SHOCKED when Chris left. It’s just not good. I love Robin and Sam but, I just can’t stand to watch it anymore.

25. Sandra said,

on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:40 am

This is shocking! Please bring Chris back!

26. Kitty said,

on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I too loved GMA, I have tried to watch since Chris left. I just cannot stand it. The mix is all wrong. Robin and Chris played well off eachother, but George and Juju just do not fit. I have given my best to learn to like it but it just doesn’t work. I have switched to CBS. I am sorry for Robin to have to suffer for ABC’s bad choices. he is great, but she cannot carry the whole show. ABC…you really blew this one.

27. Kitty said,

on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:58 pm

I too loved GMA, I have tried to watch since Chris left. I just cannot stand it. The mix is all wrong. Robin and Chris played well off eachother, but George and Juju just do not fit. I have given my best to learn to like it but it just doesn’t work. I have switched to CBS. I am sorry for Robin to have to suffer for ABC’s bad choices. She is great, but she cannot carry the whole show. ABC…you really blew this one.

28. Kristin said,

on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:04 pm

ABC you really messed up! Letting Chris go…Big mistake. I just don’t feel anything when I watch now. George is way too stiff. He is great on his political show, but not for mornings and Juju just lacks the pazzaz that Chris had. I still love Robin, but she can’t make up for the loss of Chris. Bring him back! I feel very insulted that all morning long they talked about Diane leaving and did a great tribute to her, yet not anything for Chris. Whats up with that? That was a real slap in the face to Chris and I took it personally. He was great, cute and funny, yet serious when he needed to be. ABC you really F’d this one up. I tried to watch ever since the new team came in, because I have watched for many years, but I just can’t do it. I will not watch GMA any longer.

29. Patricia said,

on December 26th, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Wow!!!!! I can’t believe that Chris is no longer part of GMA.
    I really miss him. I thought that the chemistry between Robin, Sam and Chris was awesome. Now, I am at a loss and no longer can stand to watch GMA. So sad. Good luck, Chris. I will miss you. Your AmeriCAN segments were fantastic.

30. debbie said,

on December 29th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

very disapointed that chris is off the show didnt even know he was leaving that really stinks now gonna watch fox news cause the new recruits stink

31. linda said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 4:53 pm

ABC, what have you done?? Chris was just the best and should have taken Diane’s place. I loved them all together but times, they do change. Chris, Sam, and Robin are the winners. I won’t be watching anymore.

32. janie love said,

on January 1st, 2010 at 9:48 am

I’m from a small town and a group of us ladies (all retired) watched GMA every morning. After watching GMA we would call each other and discuss GMA. Now, we are not enjoying it without Chris and most of us are not even watching. My son has got me hooked on Fox News. It’s not the same as watching Chris, Sam and Robin but its better than watching Robin and Sam with the new hosts. George S. is definitely not a person to wake up with on TV every morning.

33. Alli said,

on January 4th, 2010 at 9:42 am

I agree with Janie Love. I have found myself not even watching GMA anymore and it’s sad considering I’ve been watching it since I was a kid. I really miss Chris.

34. Margo Anthony said,

on January 4th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I was a true GMA watcher and even had the incredible opportunity while in NYC to attend the show and get pics with Chris, Sam, Diane and Robin! But now, it was okay to see Diane move on but at the same time Chris left without much announcement that was so disheartening. I agree with several others about George, he is not a good fit for AM show. It is suppose to be entertaining and newsy, but he can’t even do a decent interview. I am not watching GMA anymore… I have turned to NBC Today now and am enjoying it.

35. Amy said,

on January 10th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

George sucks! I am glad to see other people feel the same way. He is a stuck up jerk! Chris Cuomo will be missed :(

36. Darlene said,

on February 6th, 2010 at 9:50 am

I really miss Chris On GMA. I’m having a hard time watching George, he should stick to his politcal shows. Please bring Chris back he’s easier to look at with that big beautiful smile!! The team just doesn’t seem to click.

37. Debra said,

on February 16th, 2010 at 9:12 am

I miss Chris. Would really have liked him to take Diane’s spot, with George taking his spot on GMA. Hopefully he left because he got a better offer on 20/20, not because he was overlooked!

38. Nina said,

on April 27th, 2010 at 3:29 pm

GMA without Chris Cuomo is like American Idol without Paula Abdul, a real “disaster!!!!! I actually feel sorry for Robin and Sam, the show is very boring ……

39. Carol said,

on October 17th, 2011 at 9:13 am

As much as I love Chris, I tried to give Georgie boy a chance. He has no personality. He’s not meant for this kind of show. Bring Chris back!!!!

soccer