AP Top 25 College Football Rankings Poll Results - Current Week Standings

Plus - College Football Playoff Top 25 Rankings - CFP Top 25 Football Standings - Bowl Games Schedule

EPL Table 2014 Results English Premier League | UEFA Chammpions League UCL | UEFA Europa League UEL

Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City | La Liga Table Real Madrid, Barcelona | Bundesliga Bayern Munich | Draw Results

Liga Mx Table America, Cruz Azul, Atlas | Copa MX Table 2014 | Mexico Futbol Partido Amisoto

How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline!

Posted: November 25th, 2009 in Holidays by LALATE

How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline

How long do you cook a turkey by pound? Turkey cooking times are among the top Butterball Turkey Hotline Questions. Here is the Butterball Turkey Hotline to answer your questions  of cooking time, cooking concerns, and relevant techniques, all to get you ready for Thursday.

The biggest problem with a turkey (that’s not frozen) is knowing how long to cook, and how not to overcook. Butterball every year has a hotline to help you.

Now you can ask them questions by phone or online. The Phone Number is: 1-800-BUTTERBALL. They also have a live chat on the website. That chat is located HERE On the web: butterball.com

On Thanksgiving Day alone, the Helpline (aka the Turkey Talk Line) reported gets 10,000 calls fielded by 55 experts.

But how about the great coupon?

The coupon reads: “Save $2.00 on one (1) Butterball® Whole Turkey (Fresh or Frozen). Save on Butterball® Turkey, and connect with other Thanksgiving cooks on the Butterball® Facebook Page. Offer good 11/13/09 through 12/31/2009″ CLICK HERE for the coupon

Holidays

24 Responses to 'How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline!'

1. Sally said,

on November 25th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

We purchased a “fresh” turkey, picked it up this evening, but found that it is partially frozen (the refrigerator at the store was at 29 degrees). We need to cook it tomorrow and what’s the best way to finish the thaw process:

2. Joanne said,

on November 25th, 2009 at 10:16 pm

We have two turkey *, one 8 lbs and one 6 lbs. (frozen and thawed) How long do we cook them for? I heard one should cook turkey 15-20 minutes per lb. but what happens when there’s two? Do we cook for 8 lbs., 6 lbs. or treat it like a whole turkey and cook it for 14? I don’t want to dry it out and I don’t want to undercook it and run out of time. Please help!

3. Mary said,

on November 25th, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I have a fresh Butterball Turkey in my refrigerator since Sunday use by date 11/28. I plan to cook it in a Nesco. We want to eat at 1:00 pm CST. When do I start and at what temp. Oh the Turkey is 20.96 lbs. Help!!!

4. walter said,

on November 25th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

how long and at what temp do youy cook a 14lb tukey stuffed

5. walter said,

on November 25th, 2009 at 10:50 pm

how long and at what temp do you cook a 14lb turkey stuffed

6. DeeAnn Parks said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 12:38 am

Cookin' News How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline! http://bit.ly/5I3poP

7. on November 26th, 2009 at 12:38 am

8. Jane said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 12:53 am

Dont stuff a turkey it makes the meat dry and the stuffing is never as good as my moms dressing. Since I only see questions and no answers on here I am going with the standard 20 min per pound at 350 degrees. My Question is I am running out of oven space and I really want the turkey in the oven however my family has to have ham and dressing and oyster dressing and sweet potato cassarole and gb cassorole – Can I take the turkey out of the oven after a few hours bake some other things and then put the turkey bake in to finish bakeing and where do I keep the bird in the mean time?
    Thanks

9. on November 26th, 2009 at 1:20 am

How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline!: How long do you cook a turkey by pound? Turkey .. http://bit.ly/8WizbL

10. Jill said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 1:39 am

11. BJ Smith said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 1:39 am

How Long to Cook a Turkey Butterball Turkey Questions Hotline! http://bit.ly/6dJuco

12. Tera said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 2:15 am

We are wanting to slow roast our turkey so I put it in at 1200 arizona time. (15 min ago). at 250 degrees, the problem is Id ont know how long to cook it for at that degrees? Anyone have any idea?

13. Tera said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 2:19 am

Jane, I always have things stuffed in my oven..lol i have taken the turkey out and let something else cook, however, the turkey shouldnt loose its heat. So like something that needs to cook for an hour or so would be to much. The turkey would get too cooled off and would take triple the time to finish cooking.

14. Sean said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 2:47 am

Jane, don’t take your turkey out uncooked. It will surly dry up. The center meat could also spoil and you don’t want that either. Cook it early if you need to and wrap it in foil. Then if you want to heat it up you can.
    Sally, run cold/roomtemp. water in the middle of that turkey constantly until thawed. I think you’ll find your turkey will be thawed in no time.
    Mary, 18-20 mins a pound, so that’s about 4 hours.Get a meat thermometer and make sure the center breast meat is at 150f degrees (make sure its not touching a bone) Good luck!
    Tera, I’m not sure but the temp of the meat should be 150 degrees, deep in the center of the breast, make sure its not touching a bone.

I am no turkey expert those are just things I’ve learned along the way. Yes I’ve even done that Jane and it didn’t turn out well…lol. I was wondering if anyone was brineing a turkey but it doesn’t sound like ANYONE is getting responses so I think I’ll stick to tradition. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

15. Tera said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 3:00 am

i dont want my turkey to dry up. 250 degrees, for 8 hours or longer with the bottom of the roasting pan covered in chicken broth should be fine. we are not eating until 2pm arizona time. How will that work with cooking the turkey at 250? how long should it cook for at the degrees?

16. Ron said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 6:32 am

I got a fully cooked 10.25 lb.. My 11 year old daughter took it downstairs and put it in freezer instead of frig. NowI don’t know how long to heat it up without drying it out. It was in frig for about 12 hours. Any ideas anyone?

17. Ron said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 6:54 am

Sorry, turkey was in freezer for 12 hours, I got up t his morning at 6 and found it in freezer. I have had it out since then.

18. Teresa said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 8:17 am

I bake my turkey in a roaster with a lid. My turkey is 18 pounds. I plan to bake it at 325 degrees. How long should it bake? Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving…

19. Matthew said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Ron a ten pound turkey if frozen will not take long to defrost using water. Put it in your sink and turn the water on cold and let it trickle onto the turkey, don’t use warm water. If you use a bucket or pot or even plug the sink at the last resort and you should have your turkey thawed pretty quickly. This is the only way I know of to correctly Thaw a Turkey outside of the refrigerator safely. Although in your case it is fully cooked I do not think you will have a problem, you may even be able to cook it as it is if it is not fully frozen. I am no pro but being fully cooked (I have never purchased one of these) I would think it would only need to be warmed for an hour two, so if its fully frozen it might take an hour to thaw and an hour or two more to warm up. Hope this helps, In all Don’t be worried

Teresa I would just go with 20 min per pound which would be about 6 hours for an 18 pound turkey, in all just make sure the temp is correct when you take it out of the oven it should be 150 degrees then you let it sit for at least 20 min and it will cook a little more and it should be around 160. Frankly it doesn’t matter how you cook it except if you cook higher than 350 it will dry out you can slow cook it at as low as 250-275 but this almost doubles your cooking time. In the end what you want is the temperature to be correct, use a meat thermometer and put it in the center of the breast and go by that you will be basting it so just check it and at worst you can go by that.

I am no chef but these are just some things i have learned. If you want some Pro information or still are not sure of my information I would call the butterball turkey hot line (they saved me my first year)

20. lolo said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I have a cooked fried turkey,probably 12 to 15 lbs..How do I reheat it? Was told 225* for 15-20 min. but doesn’t sound like enough time. Also read to pour chicken broth over and bake but I think the skin will get soggy.. Any ideas? Happy Thanksgiving!

21. Susan said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Turkey is getting too dark on the top….should I tent it with foil? Temp is @ 325 now.

22. nancy said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 1:53 pm

My turkey cooked faster than I thought it would and we are not suppose to eat for another 2 hours, what should I do?

23. Elizabeth said,

on November 26th, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I have a 10 – 12 lb turkey. I am cookingit at 350 for the first hour, then 250. It is unstuffed. When will it be ready?

Thx.

24. Amanda said,

on November 27th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

How long and at what temp do i cook a 13lb, unstuffed turkey??

2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014