Darren Wilson Ferguson Police Officer | Michael Brown | Dorian Johnson | & the Convenience Store Videotape

Darren Wilson of St Louis, MO | The Ferguson Shooting of Michael Brown | The Alleged Strong Armed Robbery

NFL Football Score Results - Live Preseason NFL Games, Schools, Channels and More

NFL Football Live Score Results | Plus Countdown to NCAA College Football Score Rankings, Results

Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Hull City, Everton and More EPL Table Results 2014-15 Season

Why did Forrest Griffin Run – No Broken Jaw!

Posted: August 9th, 2009 in Sports, UFC by LALATE

Why did Forrest Griffin Run broken jaw

VIDEO! Why did Forrest Griffin run away after his Anderson Silva UFC 101 fight? Did a broken (dislocated) jaw prompted Forrest Griffin to run away? No, British press corrects Sunday.

The Griffin Silva match lasted all of 3:23 minutes on Saturday’s UFC 101. A single knockout from Silva sent Griffin down … and then running. But why?

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Immediately the net reaction was questioning – why did Griffin run away? Forrest didn’t attend the post match press conference. In fact a USA Today article after the match doesn’t even explain where Griffin went. The paper quotes UFC President Dana White saying the following:

“We’ve seen it before with him.

“He’s an emotional guy. He came into this fight very confident that he was going to beat Anderson Silva. … He might be in Georgia by now. He ran out and I haven’t seen him since.”

Initially  the Telegraph had written in a story entitled “Forrest Griffin camp reveal dislocated jaw as Anderson Silva contemplates Lyoto Machida” the following:

“Forrest Griffin camp reveal dislocated jaw as Anderson Silva contemplates Lyoto Machida – The mystery of Forrest Griffin’s jog from the Octagon in Philadelphia immediately after being knocked out spectacularly by Anderson Silva at UFC 101 was clarified Sunday when the American’s camp revealed he had suffered a dislocated jaw after being struck by the supremely-gifted Brazilian.”

Now,  the Telegraph has corrected, stating the following:

“Initial fears that Forrest Griffin had a suspected dislocated or even fractured jaw after being hit on the mandibular bone by Anderson Silva at UFC 101 in Philadelphia on Saturday night were allayed on Sunday when one of his coaches confirmed to a source working alongside Griffin’s team at the event that there has been no break, fracture or dislocation. It is understood that after initial concerns, Griffin was found to have no injury. That includes concerns over his his hearing. “

Joe Ferraro of Sportsnet’s “MMA Connected” twittered the following also:

“Source has confirmed that the reports that Forrest has a broken jaw and was the reason he ran out of the octagon are false. His jaw is fine.”

Sports, UFC

32 Responses to 'Why did Forrest Griffin Run – No Broken Jaw!'

1. Jeremy said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Wow, explains a lot. Poor guy. He got f’ed up worse than Rich Franklin

2. Forrest Quittin said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 1:43 pm

That’s because Rich Franklin is a school teacher and not a fighter…like Forrest…

did anyone see him grab his jaw? no…he would have it he hurt it, we are programmed to touch what hurts immediately…not jog into a locker room

3. SOKA said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 2:57 pm

The guy is a joke and always has been. He’s the most overrated fighter in MMA next to Chuck Liddell.

4. Awesome MMA said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Hey actually this is accurate it is in a brittish magazine…the press found him at a hospital…and i know from experciance when something like that happens to ur jaw u are in such shock that u cant touch…he waved his hand to surrender because he didnt want to further injur himself…..and forrest and chuck are jokes? Once u can stand toe to toe with them then you can call them a joke…k buddy?

5. YoSoySancho said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Telegraph.co.uk which reported his injury has recanted stating Forrest’s boxing coach has confirmed Forrest suffered no injury in the fight.

6. irmissee said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 5:39 pm

So, you think Iceman and Griffin are overrated?? I bet you wouldnt think so if it were you standing in that ring with them, you would probably run before you ever got touched. As to Forest, scared, hurt or otherwise, he is still my fave.

7. cami said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I would let chuck beat the s outta me any day and feel great about it!

8. Spider Time said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Forest is a great fighter. He saw me and simply could not compete. I am too fast, too smart. I can do things that people can only dream of.

9. floyd mayweather said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 11:24 pm

uuummm forrest does */overrated…he never did have any skill and never will..im sorry to say silva proved that tonight..anyone who says otherwise needs to get there heads out of there asses

10. Jrock said,

on August 9th, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Forrest, overated? did he not beat rampage? Shogun? did he not push Tito and lose a decision that couldve went either way?

And we must be talking about another Chuck Liddell. The Iceman i know has W`s over overeem, Horn, randleman, mezger, belfort, silva, twice over couture, babalu and ortiz to top it off. Must be another chuck. The one i Know is the greatest light heavyweight champ in ufc history.

11. WOZ said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 3:33 am

I THINK FORREST WET HIMSELF, NO JOKE. IT WAS SO SAD TO SEE HIM LOSE THE WAY HE DID, BUT I REALLY THINK THAT HE WET HIS PANTS AFTER THE LAST HIT. I THINK FORREST IS DONE WITH MMA… SAD DAY FOR FORREST FANS.

12. Awesome MMA said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

I just think that broken jaw or not what happened in that fight is very freak and there is probably 1 in 1,000,000 chance of that happen…anyone who says silva is better than Griffin because of that fight needs to look again. a light jab to the jaw put him on the canvas, which doesnt ever happen, once again, it was a freak knockout, gurantee if forrest were to fight him again he would have gone all three rounds with anderson “the spider *” silva

13. running man said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

i say, “Run, Forrest, Run!!!”

14. CORY SANTIAGO said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 2:20 pm

WOW, SILVA GET HAVE SIPPED SOME TEA AND STILL ROCKED THIS CLOWN’S FACE. PITTIFUL FORREST!

15. BEATDOWN said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

BROKE MY JAW? GIVE ME A BREAK, HE’S BEEN IN FAR WORSE PAIN BEFORE! HE WAS JUST SHAMED, I CAN SEE WHY TOO! SILVA DIDN’T BREAK A SINGLE SWEAT DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST “KICKING * FAST” RUN FORREST RUN, PLEASE AND DONT COME BACK!!!!!!

16. Civilized said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yeah I watched the fight……but am wondering how we as human beings enjoy watching “human cockfighting”. I sort of liken it to slowing down to see how bad a wreck someone has had..or watching Nextel Cup to see when the next “Big One” is going to happen. What is the fascination with seeing other human beings tear each other to shreds for no better reason than “hey I’m badder than you are”……….

17. rchristen said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I seems like we have alot of want a be’s that can’t fight their way out of a paper bag but still call Forrest a wimp. I’d like to see anyone of you negative assholes spend one round with him. OOOOooooh I hear the excuses coming in, HA, HA…… Get a life and play monopoly that’s where you belong cause you sure don’t know jack * about UFC.

18. Six said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Forrest left because he was “emotional”? Geez Forrest! Seriously? Fighters put a lot of heart into what they do and I can understand being a little upset but when they turn into crying wussies, I have to draw the line.
    Forrest could have done so much better than that but I think he mentally lost it before it even began. He probably still would have lost but it would have been a fight without regrets.

19. MMA Teacher said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I see none of you, that have left comments know anything about fighting as a sport or otherwise. The only reason I am taking the time to comment…Number one fighters are always emotional after a fight whether that emotion is from failure or triumph, it is only natural. That makes them no less of a true warrior either way. Also anyone that fights on the street or in the ring knows that no matter what, there is always someone better, at some time than you are. That is a fact of life! Even the best can miss one movement a fraction of an inch and can be caught on a quarter inch round spot and its over. So respect the fighters, enjoy the fights, or GET out there and learn through BLOOD and SWEAT and PAIN like us fighters.

20. haters said,

on August 10th, 2009 at 9:35 pm

yea anderson played with him…forrest never finishes fights…if they fought again…forrest will be running again…after the first knockdown he was fightin sloppy…all i can say is anderson silva welcome to a new beginning

21. Evz said,

on August 11th, 2009 at 7:58 am

Soka we all know the most over-rated fighter in MMA is Kimbo Slice

22. Bigmurph762 said,

on August 11th, 2009 at 8:21 am

Civilized

You are wrong my friend. It’s not “human cock fight” at all. For one, these fighters CHOOSE to spend countless hours training to live the experience that is fighting. Because it’s a rush and feeling like no other. And it’s competition. They are professional competitors.
    Fighting Rooster are abused by humans, have razors tied to their feet, forced to kill eachother. WAY different. Also, there is a beauty to be seen in the way a warrior executes his or her plan. Precise movements, amazing timing and prediction, foot work and placement…the execution on these are amazing to watch to fighters and fans alike. To you, it’s just a couple people beating the * out of one another.

I feel sad for you

23. GSP said,

on August 11th, 2009 at 9:21 am

You all need to give Forrest a break. How can you call him a puff for running out. Fair enough, he shouldn’t of done it but still, anyone who has the balls to step into a ring with Anderson Silva deserves some respect!

24. amster said,

on August 11th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I hope he retires now. He’s a journeyman whose journey has come to an end. Anderson Silva came up a weight, and made him look like a boy. Anderson Silva gave him some respect initially, then realised he was no threat, and gave him the respect he deserved.. NONE.

I really hope Forest retires, he’s got heart, but that’s just not enough. Keep running Forest, keep running and don’t ever come back. You’re on a downhill slope, and it’s better you get out soon than get hit so many times, your suffer later in life.

25. Anderson Silva said,

on August 13th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

I’ll f up machida too =/

26. INFANTRYMAN said,

on August 14th, 2009 at 12:37 am

MAN I BELIEVE HIM BUT WHAT A WAY TO LOOSE I THINK THAT SILVA IS A GREAT FIGHTER AND FOR ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE GET INTO A RING AND FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TAKE A PUNCH AND GET BACK UP!!!!!!!!! STOP HATING HATERS

27. James said,

on August 21st, 2009 at 6:18 pm

All you guys talk alot of s about Forrest but none of you will get in a cage ;-)

28. forrest griffin said,

on September 8th, 2009 at 8:43 pm

he is just a better fighter then i am, i tryed foe months for him, but my plan just went out the door, i dont know what happen. i think anderson is a person to be feared by whoever fights, and btw his jab is just as hard as his right hand.

29. Wally said,

on September 25th, 2009 at 7:36 pm

I don’t see how anyone can bad mouth forrest. He has worked his * off to get where he is today, that is why he was a champion at one point in time. One loss does not define his career. He pours blood sweat and tears into what he does, not just sit at a computer talking about the people he wishes to be like, you idiot losers who are too afraid to step into a fight with your own little sisters!!

30. D Padgett said,

on September 28th, 2009 at 12:47 am

I dont know where to begin with all these goofballs talking trash about these fighters; And how now 1 loss to 1 of the best and now its all over for some of the best fighters in the world. Forrest Griffin is one of the best and hardest working fighters out there. A couple of losses doesnt change who he is and what he can do if all goes according to plan. Its easy for you all to talk bad about them while sitting in your lazyboy chair.One person commented saying its human cock fighting, I say that yall are more like human cock fighting trying to tare away at the confidents and the soul of the fighters. The only way you have the balls to run your mouths is from a distance on a computer. These fighters are the same as all of us except they had the balls to learn to be mma fighters and follow threw with it. Win or loose they have my respect.

31. Debo said,

on November 17th, 2009 at 1:31 pm

forrest is a great fighter but in that fight anderson silva got the best of him. just like somebody said before all great fighters are emotional but that dont make them pussies i respect fighters they may be one of the hardest working athletes in the business forrest will be back and prove that hes one of the top fighters in ufc

32. irmissee said,

on November 28th, 2009 at 2:45 pm

I completely agree Cami. I have to admit I was disappointed about FG’s loss but I am also not a fighter. I’ve never seen a fighter just keep coming the way FG does and I think that is impressive. Iceman is great also. Matter of fact I had to write and essay about who I would like to meet both dead and alive. Iceman was my alive pick.. Of course in my paper I said I would never get in the ring! LOL. It takes a lot of strength, courage will power and training to do what they do. I personally think Silva is cocky. I like the fighters to show respect!!

soccer