Dancing with the Stars 2014 Results Tonight Prompts Elimination

Who Got Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars Tonight? Live DWTS Results Tonight

Veatrice Rice!

Posted: January 23rd, 2009 in Deaths, Jimmy Kimmel, Veatrice Rice by LALATE

Veatrice Rice

PICTURES. Here are pictures and video of Veatrice Rice, dead from cancer. Jimmy Kimmel announced tonight Veatrice Rice has died. Veatrice’s death was a shock to fans of her sharp, direct, hilarious delivery.

Veatrice Rice Pictures
Veatrice Rice Photo 1
Veatrice Rice Photo 2
Veatrice Rice Photo 3
Veatrice Rice Photo 4

VEATRICE RICE VIDEO

Jimmy Kimmel said tonight about Rice’s death:

“Yesterday we lost a co worker and a very friend. I don’t want to get too choked up. Our personal was not a sentimental person but … we thought it would be best to share her best moments.”

Rice’s bio on ABC reads as follows:

“Stationed in front of the musical guest dressing room, Veatrice (aka “Miss V”) exudes the cool calm of indifferent disgust that comes with three years on a low-paying security job. A native of Bowling Green, KY (“That’s where they make Corvettes,” she notes), Veatrice enjoys reading and drinking. Her favorite book is Robinson Crusoe and her favorite non-alcoholic beer is O’Douls. Veatrice has been married for 6 years to her husband John. She has no heroes. Despite her quiet nature, Veatrice has emerged as one of JKL’s top security guards and on-air personalities. Her fans around the world agree that “Miss V” is here to stay!”

Veatrice Rice will be missed. Funeral arrangements have not been announced.

Deaths, Jimmy Kimmel, Veatrice Rice

16 Responses to 'Veatrice Rice!'

1. miz esther said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 4:55 am

I loved Veatrice! She always got to say exactly what I was thinking! I felt bad for Jimmy when his voice broke when telling the news of her passing… She’ll be missed; but the show went on, and i think that was the right thing to do. I’m sure Veatrice would have thought so too.
    Rest in Peace, Miz V!

2. Pamela said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 6:44 am

I always thought of the 3 Stooges (Uncle Frank, Guillermo & Veatrice) that she had the best comic timing & delivery. I bet she never imagined when she took that security job at the El Capitan Theatre that she’d become a TV star! Yes, she really was a security guard & helped usher in the audience each night!

3. SSS said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 11:36 am

What a wonderful, funny lady. She will be greatly missed.

4. B M said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Veatrice will be missed on the show. Prayer go out to her family.

5. Dave said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I loved seeing Veatrice on the show. She had a great no- nonsense style of humor. She will be missed by all of the fans of the show.

6. Saj said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Ahh…was so sad to hear about this, last night. She was such a funny lady (whether she was really “trying” to be, or not…). Loved her sense of humor and timing, as stated above.

JKL just won’t be the same…

R.I.P
    Veatrice Rice
    ‘49 – ‘09

7. Dale said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Wow what a shock last night when Jimmy broke the news of Veatrices passing, I truely miss her, she was
    such a great addition to the show, she made me laugh
    her timing was awesome, Veatrice you will be missed!

Dale

8. Tina said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 3:20 pm

So sad of the sudden news about Veatrice passing on. She will be surely missed by all her fans.

9. joe said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Lady V God Bless, you were the best! I hope your havin” a cognac and a camel wit Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes! See ya on the otherside, Jackass! Love ya! j. t.

10. cc said,

on January 23rd, 2009 at 10:08 pm

RIP Veatrice… You will be missed by so many. Thanks so much for the laughs ~ you were one fun lady! I can only imagine the great oneliner you’d come up with right now to make us all laugh…
    Love ya!
    cc

11. Crafty Matthew said,

on January 24th, 2009 at 12:23 am

The show is not the same tonight w/o her. I cried last night. Very sad. She was only 59. God bless Veatrice.

12. Brenda said,

on January 24th, 2009 at 3:00 am

Mrs. V. I loved you as a mother and you will truly be missed. God Bless you always and save a space for me in that big sky.

13. melissa said,

on January 25th, 2009 at 12:33 am

I was deeply sadddened to hear of the passing of Mrs. V. I was unaware that she was sick.She will truly be missed. They should consider recording DVD with all of her jokes.

14. devvy said,

on January 31st, 2009 at 10:24 pm

RIP Veatrice. You made us laugh and we loved your skits.

15. lulu said,

on March 9th, 2010 at 1:53 am

i miss Veatrice so much – and now our wonderful goofy Uncle Frank is MIA – what gives???
    i was glad to see that jimmy took on YaYa – he’s pretty unique too…but still……..and what about Jimmy’s Aunt???
    **sigh**

16. Rudy Sanders said,

on May 26th, 2010 at 2:02 am

Where have I been? For over a year I’ve wondered what happen to Veatrice. So tonight I google her name and get the sad news. It never occurred to me that she may have died. I am stunned at this late news, however, the show goes on. The network is allowing Guillermo a chance to exercise his wits and Uncle Frank has returned in a less active role. Jimmy, thanks for keeping it real…real, real people. Veatrice, darling we loved your no nonsense and foul mouth approach to the comedy routines…rest in peace.

You must be logged in to post a comment.