Darren Wilson Ferguson Police Officer | Michael Brown | Dorian Johnson | & the Convenience Store Videotape

Darren Wilson of St Louis, MO | The Ferguson Shooting of Michael Brown | The Alleged Strong Armed Robbery

NFL Football Score Results - Live Preseason NFL Games, Schools, Channels and More

NFL Football Live Score Results | Plus Countdown to NCAA College Football Score Rankings, Results

Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Hull City, Everton and More EPL Table Results 2014-15 Season

Buck Burnette Facebook!

Posted: November 6th, 2008 in Barack Obama, World by LALATE

Buck Burnette Facebook

PHOTO! Here is a picture of Buck Burnette. A Facebook Obama comment by Buck Burnette has resulted in Buck Burnette being removed from the University of Texas football team, says reports.

Buck Burnette is tonight no longer University of Texas’ backup center. Burnett has been dismissed for violation of team rules says coach Mack Brown. No official comment from the school which rules were violated.

But Buck Burnette has now apologized about alleged text messages concerning Barack Obama on his facebook page.

His father Grady Burnette reportedly has issued the following statement:

“The football team really was his family, and he feels like he let his family down. He is overwhelmed with the support he’s received from his teammates and is sorry if he caused any of them pain. He feels bad because he knows that he caused a distraction to the team. He really wanted to let coach (Mack) Brown and everybody else know how sorry he is. He can’t apologize enough. “

“We, as a family, fully understand the decision Mack Brown made. We feel that he had to make it and it was the right decision. This is not about Buck. It’s about the University of Texas. Buck knew that he was representing the university and, as such, they had to let him go. He was always proud to be a part of the team and he’s really hurting right now. We’re all hurting right now as a family.”

While no confirmation from the school or Burnette what was actually posted, The American Statesman is claiming the following happened:

“According to those who saw the page, Burnette updated his status shortly after Obama was elected president Tuesday night and wrote that hunters should now gather because of who would be in the White House. One of the people who claimed to have seen Burnette’s original post said it also included a racial slur. Others saw what Burnette wrote and posted comments on other sites, encouraging their friends to shut down his page. Burnette’s page has since been deleted from Facebook.”

Statesman describes another apology by Burnette himself:

“Clearly I have made a mistake and apologized for it and will pay for it. I received it as a text message from an acquaintance and immaturely put it up on facebook in the light of the election. Im not racist and apologize for offending you. I grew up on a ranch in a small town where that was a real thing and I need to grow up. I sincerely am sorry for being ignorant in thinking that it would be ok to write that publicly and apologize to you in particular. I have to be more mature than to put the reputation of my team at stake and to spread that kind of hate which I dont even believe in. Once again, I sincerely apologize.”

Thoughts?

Barack Obama, World

43 Responses to 'Buck Burnette Facebook!'

1. Gary Springer said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 7:39 am

Mr Burnette is a d--che.

2. Christo said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 12:42 pm

The country has problems. We have problems, big problems.
    Our kids grow up listening constantly to all kind of movie-TV-radio profanities and shock jokes, and when they get carried away and slip, they pay for the errors of the previous generation. They are our kids, as American as Texas.

3. Michael said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 12:43 pm

I know Buck Burnette personally. He is one of the best people I know, he has a strong faith and he leads not only his team but people who meet him to be better. He admitted to his mistake, is devastated by it, and has accepted the consequences with more concern about distracting from the team that he loves than worry for his future. People make mistakes, and he is no exception. But if you look at his track record and compare it to those of other kids on that team, I guarantee you there has been MUCH worse that has gone un-noticed by the staff/coaches/media due to their starter status. You don’t destroy a kid’s education and dream for a comment he made on facebook that wasn’t even his own, especially after he took it down and has been profusely apologizing about his mistake. Give the kid a break, he’s a good person. And also, for the record, remind yourselves that his comment (as most media stories go) has been extremely exaggerated and there is always more than one side to a story.

4. shawn said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

oboma sucks

5. Jay said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Mike although I understand your need to call for forgiveness for your friend…By law Big Brother may not be as forgiving as you want others to be towards your friend. Freedom of speech doesn’t include making threats against POTUS or P-eOTUS. UofT has a reputation to up hold, what are they suppose to do? I pray that he has learned a very valuable lesson.
    Go Longhorns

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 41 > § 871

§ 871. Threats against President and successors to the Presidency
    (a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(b) The terms “President-elect” and “Vice President-elect” as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President” as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 19 and 20.

6. Porter said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 4:55 pm

An aversive racist AND a back-up center? Ha ha ha. What a joke. I’m surprised he knows what a computer is, let alone possess the knowledge to operate one. Have fun spending the rest of your life shoveling pig-sh*t, ignorant Texan. Bravo.

7. Foghorn said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:01 pm

Is it too late to give Texas back to Mexico?

8. John said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:17 pm

I know Buck Burnette personally, and I find him to be a tremendous person. He may have a strong hatred for black people, but what redneck farmer doesn’t? Does he need an education? Drastically, that’s obvious. Who else would threaten the president-elect than someone who has longhorn-sh*t for brains? He shouldn’t be taught at the university level, though. Instead, maybe story-time, recess, and nap-time will better cater to his abilities. I beg everyone, to please leave Buck alone…he’s had a big day; full of racist threats and lackluster apologies.

P.S. He is gay, he told me once. Oh, and he loves the sheep a little too much as well.

9. BUCKBUCKGOOSE said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Hey everyone: Buck was never a back-up football player; his special education classes actually require him to wear a football helmet at all times, so as not to hit his melon head against random objects. And one day he wandered onto the football field in Austin. Funny thing was, nobody noticed he was different from the rest of the team.

10. Big Gay Buck said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Buck likes it when other men drill him with their longhorn.

11. Justine said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:36 pm

I heard that guy Buck liked the man-meat too. If he’s gay, and everything’s bigger in Texas, he must be REALLY gay.

12. honky said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 5:49 pm

Who names their child Buck and expects them to be normal. hahahahah @ the comment which redneck does not hate black people…..telegraph flash…the feeling is mutual. Do not mess with the POTUS

13. Red Neck said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Sounds like a threat to me….. The guys a racist…..dont most people apologize when they know they royally screwed up? Real sincere apology, things like that dont accidentaly come out a persons mouth. Throw him in Guantanamo!

14. Jprince said,

on November 8th, 2008 at 2:53 am

John- How can you be a tremendous person if you have hate in your heart. If he was so smart then why would you even think about putting something so risky up on the internet. I second grader knows better. So to me Buck got what he deserves. This country is about change now and if you don’t like take your racist azz some place else.

15. R. R. said,

on November 8th, 2008 at 8:52 am

I’m an Obama supporter and a member of an ethnic minority in the United States. I’m also a Texan and Austinite. However, I think it’s important to bring up some points about this case. It is not the racial epithet, or even the underlying racism, which is at issue. Knowing that some of this guy’s friends are black, namely his teammates, I don’t believe he’s a full-fledged racist, but was making a joke in very poor taste. The issue was that his statement reflected poorly on his team, and he has been punished for it by his coach by being kicked off the team. According to the coach, he violated team rules, although the specific rule has never been cited. Burnette’s family accepts the decision. As far as I know, no further consequences are coming of it. I think that it should stop here. Joking about the president becoming a punishable offence by law is a dangerous idea, regardless of the taste. If, in fact, the joke included an implied call to assassinate Obama, then, of course, I understand why the team may not be citing the rule he broke, forthen it may warrant further action. He’s probably suffering enough for his lapse in judgment; and I think most would agree it was a joke and not an actual call to assassinate the president elect.

No one could be happier than I that Obama has been elected, but I think it’s important not to become a country in which “enemies of the president” are targeted and sanctioned on a regular basis. That’s tyranny, and ultimately more dangerous — if people cannot express their criticism publicly, and are punished for doing so, they will conspire privately to do even more harm than joking. Let us remember the “sticks and stones” adage that our grandmothers taught us.

16. Rudy said,

on November 8th, 2008 at 10:00 am

I agree that most of these text messages and email forwards are only tasteless jokes, but there are people in America with an I.Q. less than 2 that perceive these “jokes” to actually mean something and therefore might go out and act on them. It’s happened before. In historical terms, jokes were used to spread a message and when a joke is told the thought of the joke still passes through your mind. Imagine if someone were “joking” about hunting you or your loved ones, it wouldn’t be much of a joke then would it?? I have no tolerance for ignorant people of the world. Not when so many lives have been lost or hurt in the constant struggle to shape this country into a truly equal and proud nation.

17. Gazzer said,

on November 8th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

This kid is a fool. So are his friends and family for calling him a good person. When, obviously, a good person does NOT make racial slurs even if they are “joking” …

and wow.. was this kid hit with the ugly stick!!

18. Dean said,

on November 8th, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Gazzer,
    go sit on a longhorn. you are rude, blacky.

19. Mike said,

on November 10th, 2008 at 8:08 am

You know, you people are the idiots around here. I hear racial slurs and threats against others that, true or not, are generally taken totally in stride on an almost daily basis. The biggest group of racial slurs I ever hear come from the very “MINORITIES” who whine the most when they hear a simple little remark come from the so called “White Majority”! I am so sick of hear about #1, black people calling themselves minorities, because that hasn’t been true for ages, and two, you whining everytime some white guy says the word * when blacks are the number one abuser of the word. If you want certain terms to stop going around, then stop spreading them yourselves. If you want hate to stop spreading, start in your own backyard, regardless of race, creed, or color. I grew up never knowing what racism was until I got in the military and then it was the very races that I was not supposed to be racist against who taught me why I should be racist. For the record, the biggest part of my childhood was spent in Texas, and the last 4 years in one of the most racially biased towns in Texas, but that never turned me racist. That’s a personal choice you decide on your own. I am still not racist, but I can sure spot evil when I see it, and I see a whole lot more evil in the replies to this post than anything Buck Burnette ever said or did!

20. Sandy said,

on November 10th, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I’m tired of hearing how it wasn’t “his” message, if he received it and posted it, then it’s “his” message. Be a man for once in your life and own up. And yes, the FBI should look into this because it was a threat against our President Elect. That ought to keep the rest of the dummies in line too..

21. Savannah said,

on November 10th, 2008 at 2:08 pm

It is amazing how many perfect people there are in this world with no regrets therefore no tolerance. The venom that you people are spewing is worse than anything Buck could have possibly said. Is it not racist to have Black Entertainment Television or the NAACP or Black Pride Day? How about Black History Month or the Black Chamber of Commerce? Can you imagine if you replaced “white” for “black” in the above titles? How many all white colleges/universities are there? The blacks have over 60. Barack Obama is the only candidate that kept talking about race in this election. Of course the conservatives use “code words”. Give me a break-Buck Burnette appears to be more of an honorable man than all of you venomous jerks combined.
    PS: Whoever thinks he is less than handsome needs glasses.

22. Carter said,

on November 10th, 2008 at 9:14 pm

23. urkidd nrite said,

on November 10th, 2008 at 10:49 pm

so mike..blacks are not the minority..do u know the meaning of minority?
    Blacks use more racial slurs?..u must not go into any fourm do u..the home of the racial slur seems to be topix dotcom.
    I’m sorry u cant use the word..* as much as u want.
    Oh..the people around acted ignorant.and taught u to b racist..welcome to the club.
    ..and Savannah..are u like 10..if u dont know why there is BET or anything else, then u need to get a clue..people do for themselfs what others wont. One Bet chan.(which was bought by the man) and the other 60 chan WET. So why dont u give me a break!

24. Man said,

on November 11th, 2008 at 12:59 am

“I find it very interesting that many have judged and disparaged this kid for being a racist. Yet at the same you belittle other groups like homosexuals and the mentally disabled.” I totally agree. Talk about hypocrisy… it is always easy to hit somebody who is down. If somebody apologizes, take it at face value and stop whining.

25. David said,

on November 11th, 2008 at 1:40 am

Savannah

Your facile comments are so indicative of the ignorance that pervades much of the state of Texas. I’m guessing you’re young-ish but suggest that you perhaps put down the baton for a second and try reading some history books about the broader world you are privileged to live in. It might – just might – make you pause for a second or two as to the total inanity of what you have just written. I’m not counting on it, though.

26. James said,

on November 11th, 2008 at 8:56 am

ha, good for him, ignorant d--che, I love how everyone is “devastated” by his “mistake”. Like it was a misspelling. F ‘em

27. knyghte said,

on November 11th, 2008 at 10:28 pm

It’s too bad growing up in his small town he deems his “joke” acceptable. Hopefully he will receive education on tolerance and diversity. It sounds as though his entire small town could use it!

28. Regina said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Seriously, just because Buck is a homosexual, does not mean it is okay to ridicule him. He should be treated like everyone else, no matter what his sexual orientation is. Do you know how hard it is to be gay in a small town? Please, feel his pain, and don’t make fun of him for being a homosexual.

29. Luke said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 12:48 pm

I know, that’s what they were saying on the news. I can’t believe he’s gay, let alone all the things he had to endure while on the team. He could go after the school if he didn’t make those dumb comments on his facebook page.

30. JeromeGGGdogg said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 12:52 pm

they’re trying to say that;s tha reason they kicked him off the team, and not those remarks. And I can’t believe anybody would be faking that they’re gay to such a large audience.

31. gary said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 12:57 pm

i think he’s just saying he’s gay to get back at the university.

32. Yolanda said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:02 pm

I dunno. I he’s gotta beleve he tellin the truth. would you tell the entire country you’re gay if you weren’t? especially some dude from a small closed-minded texas town? of course not. I believe him when he says hes gay, but it also might be a way for people to stop thinking he’s a racist.

33. Jake said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:06 pm

ESPN won’t touch that with a 10 ft. longhorn. I saw it on the local news here in Austin that he stated he was a homosexual ridiculed by the team members and staff alike, but I doubt it’ll be on ESPN…too touchy of a subject.

34. Mikey said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Wow. Wow. I just saw that on the news too. I can’t believe he’s gay.

35. LinColN m@N said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

He’s going to try to say that he was forced to act macho so as not to be ridiculed by his teammates. What cr--p.

36. SIZERWOO said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:50 pm

you’d think someone who’s gay would be more accepting of people, no matter what they’re like. maybe he has a point that he was just writing that racist stuff to ‘fit in’ with those ignorant people around him. Many people who are homosexual are constantly having to try and ‘fit in’ within many areas of society.

37. Acer22 said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

sizerwoo you are so right on…it’s such a shame, though. I was watching the reports on kxan about how Buck said he was gay and about all he had to endure, and I have mixed feelings about how to react. I’m mad at him for what he wrote, but I can’t help but have sadness for his plight.

38. LongLiveTexas said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 2:10 pm

I HOPE THAT HAIRY FAIRY BUCK BURNS IN FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!!! Burn in h-ll Buck Futter!!! BUCK FUTTER!!!
    “In Texas, we love our steers, and hates us some queers.”

39. LongLiveEQUALITY said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Ignorant Texan from above:
    There are more gays in your state than you realize. If Buck is one of them, most of your buddies you think are sh’t-kickin good ol’ boys probably are too.

40. Brian said,

on November 14th, 2008 at 11:56 am

If this guy were black and made a “cracker” comment about Bush, nobody would have a problem. The liberals have been talking about shooting Bush for 8 years now. Typical that as soon as a white guy makes a disparaging remark about black Jesus, he gets his life ruined for it. I’m embarrassed to live in America now adays.

41. Ignorance said,

on December 27th, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Ignorance should not be forgiven, It should be punishable to the fullest. There a many people that have been punished for less and as long as we are ignorant, we will defend ignorance. Many here are defending this ignorance and at the same time making statements that have been polarizing our country for centuries. The University of Texas is a School of Higher Education….hopefully this will be a lesson for us all. The World is changing and there is no room for ignorance or its defenders. We all should be promoting love for our fellow man and striving to live in equal harmony. Instead we are still Ignorant!

42. Darron said,

on December 27th, 2008 at 10:57 pm

To Savannah,
    I’m not going to shoot you down for your comment because your coming from a different perspective and I honestly undestand where your coming from (I hear you). I am a Black man I love all races and I mean that (for real). In reference to black schools. I attented Hampton University formerly Hampton Institute. Native Americans as well attended our school. In sports, for away games only the native americans could go because blacks were seen as too savage and unclean to play with whites. So dont think they were allowed to be in a all white school if we can’t play a sport together (thats crazy, can you imagine). I’m going to tell you something that you cant take away from me. Being black is hard, but being a educated black man in the late 1800s and early 1900s in white schools was not possible (impossible!!) Blacks had to make it up. So those institutions you see now (60 or so) they are there because no freed slave was going to be accepted into any historically white University. Blacks have to improvise to make it, and thats real.

43. Andy said,

on December 31st, 2008 at 2:39 pm

Brian,

I say to you as the rednecks would say to civil rights protesters in the “day”, “America, love it or leave it.” There’s no need for you to be ashamed to live here as you can get the h-ll on!

soccer