Kenya Moore Porsha Stewart RHOA Fight 2014 - Was Porsha Stewart Fired from RHOA?

Porsha Stewart Fired? | Apollo Nida Fraud Case | Kenya Moore African Prince Boyfriend | Apollo and Phaedra Parks Deny Divorce

EPL Table 2014 English Premier League Standings Rankings | Soccer En Vivo Live Score Results Today

Champions League Results 2014, Europa Leauge Results 2014, Draw Results 2014, Cruz Azul, Manchester United

Dancing with the Stars 2014 Results Tonight Prompts Elimination April 21 2014

Who Got Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars Tonight? Live DWTS Results Tonight 4-21-14

Todd Chrisley | Chrisley and Company Department Store Atlanta | Kyle Chrisley Baby Mama

What Does Todd Chrisley Do for a Living, Net Worth, Where He Made His Money | Chrisley Knows Best Star's Bankruptcy

Alexander McQueen Feather Wedding Dress!

Posted: October 8th, 2008 in Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors, Project Runway, Tim Gunn by LALATE

Alexander McQueen Feather Wedding Dress

PHOTOS! Here are pictures of that Alexander McQueen’s feather wedding dress. Alexander McQueen DID do an Ostrich feather “wedding” dress that resembles a Project Runway’s contestant dress. Michael Kors saw Alexander McQueen feather wedding dress cerca 2008 shouting out from one of the contestant’s dresses on Project Runway.

But was Kors correct? Are they really the same? And is McQueen’s really a wedding dress?

Above is the dress of the contestant on Project Runway, feathers and all.

Below are multiple Alexander McQueen feather dresses from 2008, slightly wedding dress inspired. LALATE loves Michael Kors, and his designs. So does the above dress look like McQueen? Decide here.

McQueen feather dresses 2008:

Alexander McQueen feather dress picture 1
Alexander McQueen feather dress picture 2

Finally, here is another picture, this time Alexander McQueen side by side the Project Runway dress.
Alexander McQueen feather dress picture 3

Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors, Project Runway, Tim Gunn

43 Responses to 'Alexander McQueen Feather Wedding Dress!'

1. fattysnine said,

on October 8th, 2008 at 10:54 pm

I see the resemblence…the silhouettes and materials are so similar that the PR dress could be a part of this McQueen collection, wedding dress or not.

2. KSD said,

on October 8th, 2008 at 11:56 pm

Yes, it certainly does look like the Alex McQ. Totally

3. Lola said,

on October 8th, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Jeez Louise. Michael Kors is right. Kenley’s dress on Project Runway is a carbon copy of Alexander McQueen’s. No wonder it was “crazy good,” as Heidi said. What a travesty that she’s going to Fashion Week!!!! Shame on you, Bravo, for rewarding a cheater over Jerrell, who at least trying to be original.

4. irishma said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 12:18 am

I don’t care what baloney Kenley claims (“I don’t look at other designers’ work”), Alexander McQueen’s feather dresses were part of his Spring 2008 collection, and the similarity of her design (in materials, silhouette, and styling) is blatantly obvious and much too close to be considered anything but a copy. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but it’s also plagerism — and she’s done it over and over in too many of the episodes (and the judges have noted it before). In a design competition, copying is cheating. Kenley should have been booted rather than praised and rewarded! Originality is just as (if not MORE) important as (than) not boring Nina, Heidi, and Michael – ditto quality of workmanship and/or adding drama to the show for the producers!
    Hey, Project Runway, bring us more DESIGN and less DRAMA from the design contestants!!!!! It would really be interesting to see how the designers are inspired and how they work out a design rather than all the tears and turmoil and nasty/catty talk and/or behavior.
    WOW – original Design in a Runway show — what a concept!

5. Trisha H said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 12:45 am

I definately think it looks the same, almost exactly!! Not good for kinley ….most of the people at her show will have already seen this dress…

6. SadArtist said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 1:51 am

Agree with above posters 1,000%. (Irishma and Lola and KSD and Trisha and fattysnine, nicely put)

As a visual and musical artist, growing up, this was my biggest fear and baggage.

Time has told me that this baggage wasn’t mine, but for all the posers out there.

The proof is so great against believing some genius inside of her created this mini-masterpiece. Where was the genius ever on display throughout the show ? Again, the proof of childishness, bitterness, lack of artistic creativity, on and on and on…watch the tapes.

And for the judges to shrug this off and let a true artist leave and the copycatbratkidchild move on….is typical.

True art will always survive…its just too sad at the cost. Shame on you is exactly right. It shows something of the show, like they don’t get this whole thread and how ugly and simplistic copying and cheating and the soul of art.

Only God creates. The rest of us just copy…..and if you think that sounds cool….you can ask Michelangelo what he meant when he said it.

7. Lindsay M said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 1:53 am

Yes, the dresses are VERY similar. However, a dress with that level of technical difficulty would have taken a long time to construct single-handedly, and I feel that she would have had to start it before the spring shows (remember, it was completely finished when Tim Gunn visited her). Furthermore, Kenley’s self-involvement is so apparent in the episodes that it is easy to believe she wouldn’t look at the spring shows too closely.

I think that the other time the judges noted that her work looked like another designer she similarly denied any connection, and I believed her then… I don’t think the bubble environment of Project Runway lends itself well to being “inspired” by outside designers in a copy-cat kind of way.

8. SadArtist said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 3:12 am

>>Kenley’s self-involvement is so apparent

What is much more apparent is her negativity, childish attitude and average design.

Nice try. It sounds great what you say…but you’d have to ignore 90% of the reality seen on the show.

To carry around (and force others around you to lug and haul) the samsonites that she has….you gotta be genius or becoming that. And she is sooo none of the above.

You don’t have to look to far…just at herself…and she will show you all you need. Her whole steeze drips shallow puddles of mediocracy.

She got alot of work todo…and I’m not even talking about her artistic whatever….

9. Dawn said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 8:59 am

The colors also mimic this one really really closely:

Yeah, it kind of sucks and I know Jarrell is pissed.

10. RRozsa said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 9:08 am

Weren’t Kenley and A McQ working on their dresses at the same time? Was his collection shown before Kenley started working on hers? We’ve seen some of his influence in her other dresses, but it’s still more Kenley than A McQ. She never uses dropped waists.

11. RRozsa said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 9:19 am

Also, if you look at the full picture of AM’s on his website, I think Kenley’s is much less “messy” looking. The way she used the tulle is very Kenley. His assymetrical bottom combined with swatches of undernetting hanging from underneath (and is that a slip I see?) is messy. She has used feathers during the season on shoulders of her own clothes, and her signature look is full skirts from the waist with fitted bodice. That said — if their styles are so similar, that still makes hers less unique than Leanne’s or even Korto’s. Jerrell is always a train wreck when it comes to execution.

12. Blanche said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 9:49 am

I agree with rrozsa. I think that Kenley actually refined and beautified the white McQueen dress. I also believe that she was pushed over the top because they liked the bridesmaid dress more than Jerrell’s. Furthermore, did anyone get a load of the ’sneak peek’ of Jerrell’s collection? Ugh! Those evening gowns looked to be a horror. Artistry in clothing is sometimes nothing more than reinterpretation and refinement. Had she not used feathers on the wedding dress and constructed the bodice of silk, it still would have been beautiful, but Jerrell’s dress was beyond redemption.

13. NWBard said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 11:47 am

As a writer, gotta tell ya, you’re always wondering if you’re writing something that you’ve read b4 and forgotten — anyway a good one does — but these 2 dresses — I think they’re a little too close for comfort.

Kenley’s comment was that there was no silhouette out there like hers. I think somewhere she saw McQueen’s dresses. You can nick pick all you want about underskirts, dropped waists, but the most telling thing was how Kenley reacted to it — like she’d been caught —

She must be a very insecure young woman and though she drives me up the wall with all the drama — I also know unless she gets some help with whatever her demon’s are, no matter how talented she is — she won’t be able to succeed.

The clients won’t put up with it — they’ll be footing the bill and will want things done their way — if she’s lucky enough to have her own line.

If she’s working for a design house — there’s just no time for the drama.

With anyone who’s artistic there’s always conflict, but the key to success is understanding who’s signing the checks, paying the bills, who will make you successful — in the very long run, your creativity gets you there, but it’s someone else’s money that keeps you there — and they’re the only ones who matter if this is how you want to make your living.

14. SadArtist said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

NWBard….You nailed my thoughts exactly :) Thank You!

15. Michael said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I can’t believe how many of you make these assertions with such confidence. How do you know what Kenley’s intentions are? How do you know she plagiarized? I wrote a screenplay, and recently I found that almost the same concept is now being produced on TV. I know I didn’t plagiarize. In this whole wide world, some great ideas get played out twice. I am amazed at how many people throw darts at people they don’t know. The judges of Project Runway probably have a better idea of what Kenley’s intentions are, considering they know her instead of the viewers, who get to see edited clips. They think she has something to say. Doesn’t seem they believed hers to be plagiarism — just a bizarre unfortunate coincidence. Before you go insulting artists, why doesn’t everyone try their own hand at creating something from nothing?

16. SadArtist said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

What you say is somewhat true, however I just look for proof. Either way. The more proof, the more confidence. And the proof is there…edited or not.

If you wrote 10 average screenplays and the 11th one was almost genius…and there was alot of proof that you were a goof…it would be hard to believe “it just happened”. Especially when the 1st 10 you wrote were in front of a camera…and the “semi-genius” one was not.

Again, I’m right there with you.

>>The judges of Project Runway probably have a better idea of what Kenley’s intentions are…” and there first reaction (not the first time either) was that it was not hers. Ideas get played out twice and thrice and alot alot alot…but how do they get there..pure or impure.

and what makes you think i never created something from nothing ? alot ? this is where i get the confidence to open my mouth.

17. NWbard said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 4:39 pm

I actually believe that is exactly what I said Michael — as someone who does create something from nothing and also as someone who’s been plagiarized. A good “artist”, of any kind, always checks —

I think you don’t give any of us enough credit for having thought about that — and checking designer lines is much simpler than the research a writer does.

Michael Korrs was nailing her — and her reaction was denial — not surprise. Coincidence happens in any field, and that’s why you check — but the controversy about these 2 dresses comes from Kenley’s conduct on the show. — whether she did copy the McQueen dress or not, her behavior has left her open to criticism, that’s no one’s fault but her own.

Saw an interview with Tim Gunn, & under the circumstances he was quite kind about her…but the drama that we saw on the show, is the drama that is Kenley.

I do feel bad for her — I think there’s some talent there, but not the maturity one needs to succeed in any artistic career.

We may have the talent, but all that is in galleries, in fashion houses, published or produced is because of those who bankroll us — if they don’t like something and we want to succeed, we bend or we don’t have a career.

And we certainly don’t act the way Kenley’s does.

Thanks SadArtist.

18. Amy said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Sure Kenley is massively annoying, but who knows if she copied? Even if she did copy, it could have been subconscious. But as beautiful as Mcqueen’s dress was, Kenley’s is awesome. It is gorgeous and fabulous. Also, I must point out that fashion, like all art, is not done in bubble. Artists affect each other

19. Meli said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 9:04 pm

WoW It looks exactly like the Mcqueen dress. The only different is the Kenley added alot of tool underneath the feathers to give it more volume but it THE SAME. I watched the show and was just ok with her getting throught to fashion week because the dress was so beautiful but not that I have seen the Alexander Mcqueen dress I am VERY disappointed at the judges. Being that they knew what the dress looked like they should not only have called her out on it but they shouldn’t have let her through. WHAT A SHAME I FEEL that Jerrell was robbed a spot at the show.

20. mspa said,

on October 9th, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I think we all need to remember that regardless of whether she copied or not the show is about finding a new and innovative designer. How innovative is it if it’s been done already? I have to say that I’m disappointed to see something (or a very similar version) that was already shown and shown so recently being given the spotlight on the runway.

21. edvanilum said,

on October 10th, 2008 at 12:12 am

I am not sure that the Mcqueen dress had been showed when Kenley had her dress already made. If it had been wouldn’t Tim Gun have known about it and brought it up then? I can’t say that she hasn’t seen his stuff before and used the over all ideas that he uses in his line though.

22. BonVoix said,

on October 10th, 2008 at 5:15 pm

The McQueen dress was shown at the Paris Fall ‘2008 runway in February ‘08. It was available for viewing on the net on youtube.
    McQ nom de guerre is “enfant terrible”. (Unruly child). Do you think Kenley is a fan of his? Ya think?

23. jusdoid said,

on October 11th, 2008 at 3:16 am

i agree what BonVoix said,
    yes it was shown way back in feb o8, the season five of PR didnt start taping till late spring/may08 i believe?
    she saw it, its ok to be inspired by someone, but i think
    in a competition to find whats new, this wasnt the case.

24. Tither said,

on October 12th, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Totally, totally unfair to Jerrell. He won challenge before the wedding gown competition and should have been awarded a spot to compete for the grand prize. Kenley should have been kicked to the curve a long way back in the previous episodes. To do what was done to Jerrell is not warranted.

25. MochaLisa said,

on October 12th, 2008 at 4:19 pm

All I can say is I will not watch anymore PR because they allowed Kenley to stay in the competition with an obvious copy of the McQueen dress.

Jerrell may be over the top but at least he is original.

Thank you Michael Kors for calling her out. Shame on Nina and Heidi for ignoring it.

Project Runway – I am no longer a fan! And to think I turned others onto the series. Wait until I tell them about this debacle.

26. Why Not Me said,

on October 12th, 2008 at 8:21 pm

I watched the episode, and I too was WOWed be Kenley’s wedding dress. I heard Michael Kors as well say it looks like Alexander Mcqueen’s but… when you think back to the other designs by Kenley, didn’t they have the same silhouette…think about the college grad outfit didn’t it look fairy talish?
    We still have one last episode to see. and Jerrell may still be in the show because the producers have a say as well as the judges. Maybe he’ll be brought back to replace Kenley. Yes, I believe Tim Gunn would have told Kenley her dress was a ringer for the McQueen dress when he visited her. Wouldn’t you think Tim would see the Spring collection besides Michael Kors? So we need to watch Wednesday’s finale…it’s not over until it’s over…. and then we’re off watching something else until PR 2009.

27. Pattio said,

on October 13th, 2008 at 11:54 am

I agree with you; the judges are not consistent and I think heavily influenced by the producers when choosing who will stay and who will leave; but I love the show despite all of that. Although it makes me angry I’m still amazed by what some of the contestants can create in such short periods of time. I will continue to watch the show, but I wish they would change the format a little; let the viewing public have a say in who’s in and who’s out. Of course that’s impossible since the show is pre-recorded. Anyway, looking forward to next season, if there is one, and what drama they can conjure up.

28. prdud said,

on October 13th, 2008 at 9:06 pm

If she never saw the Mcqueen outfit. How would she no to dispute the silhouette. I’m really disapionted she got through. I use to like her in a way. While she was very bitchy she never said keep me in becuz you should feel sorry for me like Koto .I also like how when she lost her tulle she made due with paper. In one last defense of Kenley’s personality . The others were making fun of her before she lost her kewl. It was Leann and company who stated she just never shuts up .

29. Sandra said,

on October 14th, 2008 at 11:49 am

All I know is I don’t care to watch project runaway, due to the events in season 5. I think the judges are full of bull. I feel they kept kenley for ratings, cause she is someone we love to hate.

30. Danyelle said,

on October 15th, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Really people, does this truly affect you THIS much? To go on and on about what a terrible mistake the judges made and how some of you will never watch the show again? Is your life ruined because Jerell went home and not Kenley? Its a show. The designers are all very talented nonetheless. Honestly, I think Kenley has many social issues and acts literally like a little spoiled brat sometimes, but who cares where she got her inspiration from. In art and design, many things come out looking very similar but unless its an EXACT replica, who are we to say she copied it? She still made two amazing dresses and her collection was way better than what we saw of Jerell’s anyway. So, really, think of something more important to * about.

31. Lee Ann said,

on October 15th, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Kenley can’t have it both ways. In one episode she says she NEVER looks at other people’s collections. However in the last episode she states that there is no other sillhoutte out their like her wedding dress. How on earth would she know that there are no silhouttes like hers if she never looks at other collections?

That means she lied in one episode or the other unless she started looking at other collections in her 2 months off to make collection.

32. NuSkewl said,

on October 15th, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Many of you are forgetting the fine print flashed super quickly @ the very end of the show mentioning the decisions for who is “in” & who is “out” is NOT just up to the judges. It’s ultimately up to the producers. The judges are there for the “show” & of course, their opinions.

Now, that being said, I agree that the Kenley dress looks just about identical to the A. McQueen white/lite feather dress. I was also disappointed that Jerell was sent packing. But look @ it from the producer’s perspective. What would be more likely to have people watch: Jerell making his dresses & being Jerell (polite, respectful & confident) or Kenley making her dresses & all her “Kenley-ness” (not always so polite, not always respectful but definitely full of confidence)??

The finale begins….!! Let’s see… I think Leanne M is going to be the “last designer standing”.

33. darcy warcy said,

on October 15th, 2008 at 10:58 pm

ah i don’t care i still love kenley’s design. it may resemble alexander mcqueen’s collection but the silouette is far more symmetrical and classic, in my opinion, which shows her “kenley-ness” where as alexander mcqueen’s is more asymmetrical.

ideas are so hard to separate and crediting ideas is even harder.
    what kenley made was beautiful regardless of its comparison.

34. Dreena said,

on October 16th, 2008 at 2:35 am

Nothing in fashion is new, it pretty much has been done before and fashion is all about recycling and drawing inspiration from the world. McQueen probably was inspired by some time period, and his look may have been done before. I guarantee his silhouette and use of feathers at some point in time has been done. Also just a side note, what Kenley did would not be considered plagiarism (like I am seeing some people posting), which usually refers to literary works. Fashion designs really cannot be protected by copyrights or patents. That is why a lot of fashion companies now use a signature print (for example Lois Vuitton using LV on all his purses) because you can protect brand logos with a trademark. Knockoffs of designs are legal and done all the time in fashion. In conclusion, did Kenley steal Mcqueen’s design? Who knows, it looked like she was inspired by his work or could have unconsciously been inspired. I mean think about it why would she pick a really well known designer and straight up do something similar on purpose on national television? I love Kenley’s clothing! Is all of Kenley’s clothing that is inspired by the 50’s copying as well? There are similar silhouettes, colors, fabric etc. Of course it isn’t, this was her INSPIRATION. She is a great designer and besides people questioning this one garment, all her garments have been original and beautiful (with the exception of the avante-garde look haha…although I guess that was pretty original).

35. Ellie said,

on October 19th, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Wow, I agree with Dreena. I mean, fashion is about recycling old ideas and making it modern or turning it into something all your own. I don’t think that she blatantly copied it. I mean, there was blatantly copying in the second season with Marla copying the Chloe dress because she saw it in the dossier. People can use certain things to be inspired by. In my work, I imitate a lot of techinques that photographers before me have used, but I don’t think that should be considered cheating or copying. I am just inspired by it and I put my own little stamp on it to make it something all my own, much like one is supposed to do in fashion.
    And thank you, Dreena, for your comment because I thought I was the only one who seemed to like Kenley, considering that everyone around me hated her. Yes, she is blatantly disrespectful to the judges and Tim. They are only trying to help her, but it is just a part of her personality. She’s outspoken and I don’t think that we should base our judgments on a person on a “reality” television show because they are obviously going to spin it a certain way to create more drama to draw in more viewers.

36. untitled thing said,

on November 1st, 2008 at 8:50 pm

NWbard, if you call yourself a writer, you better take a close look at your spelling and constant misuse of the apostrophe.

All hail Leanne!

37. jane said,

on November 7th, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I have no doubt on the resemblance. At the same time last season winner Christian , did the same thing and won. He said to be a AMCQ fan since day one. How many blouses he made??? If we look closer they were a carbon copy of AMCQ collection. To have a closer look go to the designer site and you will see the CC. Even this Spring AMCQ offered the same blouses again.

38. Sarah said,

on November 12th, 2008 at 6:56 pm

You’re right, Kinley’s design resembles the McQueen dress very much. In all honesty though, everyone should stop making such a big deal about it. It’s embarassing enough that Kinley didn’t realize that it could potentially be considered a “copy-cat,” but the major factor in all of this is that Kinley’s dress is SO MUCH BETTER than the McQueen one. How embarassing for McQueen. I support Kinley and her designs, even if she is an interrupting brat. I love the h-ll out of her style and her designs never seem to fail for a good show.

39. Rocky Idnani said,

on February 4th, 2009 at 1:56 am

Well since McQueen’s given it a shot with feathers – it’s time he tries it out the kind of leather that I’m making from Chicken Legs

40. Aimee said,

on February 12th, 2009 at 1:45 am

I am shocked that there are so many people that are willing to put down a talented designer because of a coincidence. I love fashion and everything to do with it, but because I am into vintage and only pay $4 so when I can look so great for that why bother paying attention to corture. Most of the dresses the Kenley has ‘copied’ I have seen over and over again in the vintage fashions that I love and I have many times created dresses and then seen similar things sold. With around 7 billion people on the planet its not a surprise a few come up with similar fashions – especially not because both those original dresses looked very vintage to me anyway, but Kenleys looks better because she knows vintage much better rather than the designers who are doing it because its trendy. I think its a shame that despite her fun and creativity she lost out to the fashion version of valium in the show.

41. Aimee said,

on February 12th, 2009 at 1:57 am

Why bother, if people are sad enough to point out grammer mistakes on a web blog to get a point across then thats just a bit childish (look at me, look at me, I am right in everything I say because I can spell!). Maybe some of you need some real problems in your lives so you can stop being so picky and putting everyone else down where ever you can to make you feel better.

42. Joyce Chin said,

on August 30th, 2009 at 1:05 am

@JannJones Alexander McQueen feather wedding dress?

43. on October 29th, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Feathered wedding dresses are back this year – you'll love the one designed by Alexander McQueen http://bit.ly/2SSv93